Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

“Decision made” email from Contact Centre - timelines?

“Decision made” email from Contact Centre - timelines?

Old Mar 13th 2019, 4:02 pm
Just Joined

CaliGirlUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default “Decision made” email from Contact Centre - timelines?

Hi All,
I have posted my timeline and delay issues in another thread, but I received (after 63 WORKING DAYS) a response from the UKVI contact centre stating:

With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that we have made a decision on your application. We cannot discuss the outcome of your application on-line or by telephone. However the visa application centre will be in contact with you in regards to collection or delivery of your passport”

I’ve read some horror stories on here that people who received a response like this ended up waiting weeks for their documents and passport to be sent, or some didn’t even get tracking and missed the delivery of their passports. For those of you who received a similar email, how long did it take to receive your documents/passport after? We don’t know whether to be excited or scared at this point!
Old Mar 13th 2019, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

PrairiePainter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: “Decision made” email from Contact Centre - timelines?

What type of return shipping did you pay for when you submitted the app? We paid for two-day UPS shipping (not via VFS, as their labels wouldn’t print out) and received our pack back two days after receiving the email (New York to Kansas). Other people who paid for overnight shipping have received their packs back the day after the decision email. The folks in New York don’t waste any time sending those packs out these days. I was able to begin viewing our parcel’s progress via its tracking number (which we’d saved after buying the return label) the evening after receiving the email. So glad to hear you received that “big email”!
Old Mar 13th 2019, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by PrairiePainter
What type of return shipping did you pay for when you submitted the app? We paid for two-day UPS shipping (not via VFS, as their labels wouldn’t print out) and received our pack back two days after receiving the email (New York to Kansas). Other people who paid for overnight shipping have received their packs back the day after the decision email. The folks in New York don’t waste any time sending those packs out these days. I was able to begin viewing our parcel’s progress via its tracking number (which we’d saved after buying the return label) the evening after receiving the email. So glad to hear you received that “big email”!
Thank you for the reply PrairiePainter! I’m so nervous because it was the reply from UKVI contact centre and not the official “decision made” email that some people get from Sheffield. Did you get the same email from the contact centre or the one directly from UKVI? To answer your question, we purchased UPS Overnight shipping. But I checked the tracking number and still nothing :/ we got that reply this morning at about 8:30am Pacific Time so maybe a bit too soon for us?
Old Mar 14th 2019, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

PrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaliGirlUK

Thank you for the reply PrairiePainter! I’m so nervous because it was the reply from UKVI contact centre and not the official “decision made” email that some people get from Sheffield. Did you get the same email from the contact centre or the one directly from UKVI? To answer your question, we purchased UPS Overnight shipping. But I checked the tracking number and still nothing :/ we got that reply this morning at about 8:30am Pacific Time so maybe a bit too soon for us?
We were able to check the status of the parcel beginning in the evening after we received the email, which came at about 10 in the morning or so. Have you had any luck checking your package status yet? I would expect it to arrive tomorrow if you purchased overnight shipping!
Old Mar 14th 2019, 8:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by PrairieWriter
We were able to check the status of the parcel beginning in the evening after we received the email, which came at about 10 in the morning or so. Have you had any luck checking your package status yet? I would expect it to arrive tomorrow if you purchased overnight shipping!
We checked the tracking this morning but no movement still :/ we still haven’t received the official “decision made” email either - just the one from the UKVI international contact centre stating a decision has been made. Maybe we need the official one first before they ship it from Sheffield?