British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   It’s been 7 months! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/%E2%80%99s-been-7-months-914939/)

BritInParis Jul 29th 2018 5:00 pm

Re: It’s been 7 months!

Send it to your husband and he can put in the package to send to Sheffield.

AnxiouslyAnxious Jul 29th 2018 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12540466)

Alright. Thank you

AnxiouslyAnxious Jul 30th 2018 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12540466)

How about I scan the signed application high quality and send the pdf to hubby? That would save us the charges for international courier.

BritInParis Jul 31st 2018 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by AnxiouslyAnxious (Post 12540892)
How about I scan the signed application high quality and send the pdf to hubby? That would save us the charges for international courier.

Given you're already been refused once it's not a risk I'd be willing to take.

AnxiouslyAnxious Jul 31st 2018 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12541273)
Given you're already been refused once it's not a risk I'd be willing to take.

yeah you are right. Another quick question, we are not going to send the p60 and employer contract. Especially now because of position change it doesn’t make sense to send p60. Employer contract and p60 is optional right?

az2014 Jul 31st 2018 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by AnxiouslyAnxious (Post 12541313)

yeah you are right. Another quick question, we are not going to send the p60 and employer contract. Especially now because of position change it doesn’t make sense to send p60. Employer contract and p60 is optional right?

If you bothered to do some research yourself you would find the answer to your question is in the financial requirements document.

AnxiouslyAnxious Jul 31st 2018 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by az2014 (Post 12541388)
If you bothered to do some research yourself you would find the answer to your question is in the financial requirements document.

I know I can research but I wanna double check, get help from where I can and get others opinions since it’s my second app I wanna be extra cautious moreover I rely on advice from BiP. If you aren’t gonna be helpful just don’t bother replying at all. 🙁

christmasoompa Jul 31st 2018 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by AnxiouslyAnxious (Post 12541393)
I know I can research but I wanna double check, get help from where I can and get others opinions since it’s my second app I wanna be extra cautious moreover I rely on advice from BiP.

Maybe it's because I've just read a post from somebody else asking BiP to check a form they'd filled in, but this as well seems a bit much. BiP is an amazing asset to the forum, and gives up a huge amount of his personal time to help others, for free. But please don't say you 'rely on advice' from him, as that's not the idea of BE. If you want expert advice whenever you need it, an immigration lawyer is the way to go.

Lots of people on the forum kindly volunteer their time, BiP is one of them, but please remember that they are all volunteers and you can't assume they will answer every question or be at your beck and call.

Thx.

AnxiouslyAnxious Jul 31st 2018 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 12541426)
Maybe it's because I've just read a post from somebody else asking BiP to check a form they'd filled in, but this as well seems a bit much. BiP is an amazing asset to the forum, and gives up a huge amount of his personal time to help others, for free. But please don't say you 'rely on advice' from him, as that's not the idea of BE. If you want expert advice whenever you need it, an immigration lawyer is the way to go.

Lots of people on the forum kindly volunteer their time, BiP is one of them, but please remember that they are all volunteers and you can't assume they will answer every question or be at your beck and call.

Thx.

I don’t know what made you think that I assume volunteers to be my back and call. I post questions just like everyone else , everyone who end up here looking for help and like you said yourself BiP is a great asset to BE ,I respect him for sharing his precious time here helping out others and all the other wonderful volunteers who do the same. I get it what you mean by “relay on his advice” is not the idea of the forum and I understand that. I definitely have been respectful and appreciative of everyone here. I just feel discouraged to post anymore. 😞

BritInParis Jul 31st 2018 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by AnxiouslyAnxious (Post 12541313)

I don't know why you think it doesn't make sense to send a P60 for your husband's 2017/2018 tax year because he is due to be promoted after you submit the application. Ditto for his current employment contract. Both could be considered 'optional' but both are clearly desirable to submit if you have them.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigrat...ified-evidence

2. In respect of salaried employment in the UK (except where paragraph 9 applies), all of the following evidence must be provided:

(a) Payslips covering:
(i) a period of 6 months prior to the date of application if the person has been employed by their current employer for at least 6 months (and where paragraph 13(b) of this Appendix does not apply); or
(ii) any period of salaried employment in the period of 12 months prior to the date of application if the person has been employed by their current employer for less than 6 months (or at least 6 months but the person does not rely on paragraph 13(a) of this Appendix), or in the financial year(s) relied upon by a self-employed person.

(b) A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:
(i) the person’s employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).

(c) Personal bank statements corresponding to the same period(s) as the payslips at paragraph 2(a), showing that the salary has been paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly.

[...]

2A. (i) In respect of salaried employment in the UK (paragraph 2 of this Appendix), statutory or contractual maternity, paternity, adoption or sick pay in the UK (paragraph 5 or 6 of this Appendix), or a director’s salary paid to a self-employed person (paragraph 9 of this Appendix), the applicant may, in addition to the payslips and personal bank statements required under that paragraph, submit the P60 for the relevant period(s) of employment relied upon (if issued). If they do not, the Entry Clearance Officer or Secretary of State may grant the application if otherwise satisfied that the requirements of this Appendix relating to that employment are met. The Entry Clearance Officer or Secretary of State may request that the applicant submit the document(s) in accordance with paragraph D of this Appendix.

(ii) In respect of salaried employment in the UK (paragraph 2 of this Appendix), or statutory or contractual maternity, paternity, adoption or sick pay in the UK (paragraph 5 or 6 of this Appendix), the applicant may, in addition to the letter from the employer(s) required under that paragraph, submit a signed contract of employment. If they do not, the Entry Clearance Officer or Secretary of State may grant the application if otherwise satisfied that the requirements of this Appendix relating to that employment are met. The Entry Clearance Officer or Secretary of State may request that the applicant submit the document(s) in accordance with paragraph D of this Appendix.

AnxiouslyAnxious Aug 1st 2018 1:09 am

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12541485)
I don't know why you think it doesn't make sense to send a P60 for your husband's 2017/2018 tax year because he is due to be promoted after you submit the application. Ditto for his current employment contract. Both could be considered 'optional' but both are clearly desirable to submit if you have them.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigrat...ified-evidence

Thank you so much for the link. He’s not due to be promoted. He has been promoted since June. And no he doesn’t have the P60 it was never issued. You reckon he should ask for it? BiP ,thank you for your time and support 🙏🏼

BritInParis Aug 1st 2018 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by AnxiouslyAnxious (Post 12541532)
Thank you so much for the link. He’s not due to be promoted. He has been promoted since June. And no he doesn’t have the P60 it was never issued. You reckon he should ask for it? BiP ,thank you for your time and support 🙏🏼

He should include his current employment contract and a letter from his employer as per 2(b) quoted above. They can include his current and previous salary. Why wasn't a P60 issued? Is he not on PAYE?

AnxiouslyAnxious Aug 1st 2018 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12541794)
He should include his current employment contract and a letter from his employer as per 2(b) quoted above. They can include his current and previous salary. Why wasn't a P60 issued? Is he not on PAYE?

Yes, he would have his employer state about his current and previous salary, position etc on the employer letter. Ok I will tell him to include his employment contract. And yes he’s on payE I dk why he’s not been issued P60.

BritInParis Aug 1st 2018 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by AnxiouslyAnxious (Post 12541866)
Yes, he would have his employer state about his current and previous salary, position etc on the employer letter. Ok I will tell him to include his employment contract. And yes he’s on payE I dk why he’s not been issued P60.

That's something he really ought to chase up.

AnxiouslyAnxious Aug 1st 2018 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12541875)
That's something he really ought to chase up.

yeah , hes gonna try to get it. I just got to know he lost his June payslip so he’s gonna have to get the print out one. Idk why nothing goes right :/ Should we get his employer to sign and stamp the print out one as well as original ones because it might look weird that only one payslip is signed. Also ask the employer to confirm the authenticity of payslips in employer letter?