British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   It’s been 7 months! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/%E2%80%99s-been-7-months-914939/)

AnxiouslyAnxious Jul 14th 2018 7:15 pm

It’s been 7 months!

I last saw my husband in dec 2017 when he visited me and we got married. As we are planning to reapply which costs load of money so he won’t be able to see me :/ I wonder at the time of application in appendix 2 where we need to fill info about “last time you met your spouse” which will be 12 dec. Will that would look bad on application?

BritInParis Jul 14th 2018 7:20 pm

Re: It’s been 7 months!

No. You also don't need to start a new thread or add to someone's existing thread for each question you have regarding your application. It would make it much easier for your fellow forum members to help you if kept it all on the same thread.

AnxiouslyAnxious Jul 14th 2018 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12533039)
No. You also don't need to start a new thread or add to someone's existing thread for each question you have regarding your application. It would make it much easier for your fellow forum members to help you if kept it all on the same thread.

Oh crap! I did it again.. I forget when some question crops up in head. Alright I will keep them in one place. Thank your for the answer. I’m sorry I will be having lots of queries. Hopefully mod can merge this one too 😞

Gunner786 Jul 15th 2018 2:23 am

I got rejected because i hadnt been to see ny wife for 12 months.

AnxiouslyAnxious Jul 15th 2018 12:46 pm

This would be our second application. This many months has passed without him visting me because of applying and prepping for visa , waiting for decision and he moved to new position at work so he Couldn’t just go on holiday and now reapplying takes more money so he can’t visit me. Won’t HO understand that? Should we make cover letter why he hasn’t visited me. What say? BiP , SandiegoGirl please give me your opinion.. 😟

BritInParis Jul 15th 2018 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by Gunner786 (Post 12533125)
I got rejected because i hadnt been to see ny wife for 12 months.

Without knowing more about the context and your circumstances that's not much help. Your only other post suggests you have yet to apply.

Originally Posted by AnxiouslyAnxious (Post 12533219)
This would be our second application. This many months has passed without him visting me because of applying and prepping for visa , waiting for decision and he moved to new position at work so he Couldn’t just go on holiday and now reapplying takes more money so he can’t visit to see me. Won’t HO understand that? Should we make cover letter why he hasn’t visited me. What say? BiP , SandiegoGirl please give me your opinion.. � ����

This is perfectly understandable and should be covered in your revised relationship statements/covering letter.

AnxiouslyAnxious Jul 15th 2018 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12533226)
Without knowing more about the context and your circumstances that's not much help. Your only other post suggests you have yet to apply.

This is perfectly understandable and should be covered in your revised relationship statements/covering letter.

Alright BiP , Thank you. Also , should we make a separate cover letter explaining about refusal (explaining what payslips we are enclosing , his new job title and old job title. Till June his annual gross income was £20,700 and now it’s £24,000 ) attach this letter with refusal letter yeah? We will get the employer to write about new and old position as well. Thank you 🙂

BritInParis Jul 15th 2018 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by AnxiouslyAnxious (Post 12533229)
Alright BiP , Thank you. Also , should we make a separate cover letter explaining about refusal (explaining what payslips we are enclosing , his new job title and old job title. Till June his annual gross income was £20,700 and now it’s £24,000 ) attach this letter with refusal letter yeah? We will get the employer to write about new and old position as well. Thank you 🙂

If you're lodging a new application then you'll need to replace any supporting documents, particularly financial, which are now out of date or no longer relevant. So new payslips, new employers letter, new bank statements, etc.. If you want to write a separate covering letter regarding the refusal then you can do.

AnxiouslyAnxious Jul 15th 2018 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12533233)
If you're lodging a new application then you'll need to replace any supporting documents, particularly financial, which are now out of date or no longer relevant. So new payslips, new employers letter, new bank statements, etc.. If you want to write a separate covering letter regarding the refusal then you can do.

Yes I understand, We will get all the new financial docs ,keeping the application date in mind. Our relationship documents will remain same however, we will update them with few more pics, updated call lists , chats , post cards , gifts receipts etc. Mortgage papers have to be updated as well right? I know we need to get new estate agent letter ,dated one , we will do that.

Gunner786 Jul 15th 2018 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12533226)

took me 6 months to find a job and then after getting 6 months payslips ready i applied for the visa. Hence the rejection. Everything else was spot on.
been 3 times since every 6 months. Started self employed period last april to april this year.

Gunner786 Jul 15th 2018 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by AnxiouslyAnxious (Post 12533219)
This would be our second application. This many months has passed without him visting me because of applying and prepping for visa , waiting for decision and he moved to new position at work so he Couldn’t just go on holiday and now reapplying takes more money so he can’t visit me. Won’t HO understand that? Should we make cover letter why he hasn’t visited me. What say? BiP , SandiegoGirl please give me your opinion.. 😟

wether they understand or not is abit of a lottery.
i would suggest if possible he should come see you even if only for 1-2 weeks it will only strengthen your case. And as soon as he goes bsck do the caee strsight away

AnxiouslyAnxious Jul 15th 2018 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by Gunner786 (Post 12533254)
wether they understand or not is abit of a lottery.
i would suggest if possible he should come see you even if only for 1-2 weeks it will only strengthen your case. And as soon as he goes bsck do the caee strsight away

Could you scan your refusal letter so we can understand more because you are making me nervous 😟 it could be possible that your situation is entirely different from mine, as they treat every case like unique. As I mentioned earlier we can’t spend so much money on travel since we decided to reapply.

Katy78 Jul 15th 2018 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by AnxiouslyAnxious (Post 12533261)

Could you scan your refusal letter so we can understand more because you are making me nervous 😟 it could be possible that your situation is entirely different from mine, as they treat every case like unique. As I mentioned earlier we can’t spend so much money on travel since we decided to reapply.

i don't understand why you're reapplying instead of seeking admin review when you have said before that you submitted the required number of statements but they were overlooked.

AnxiouslyAnxious Jul 15th 2018 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by Katy78 (Post 12533359)
i don't understand why you're reapplying instead of seeking admin review when you have said before that you submitted the required number of statements but they were overlooked.

I have been feeling torn. Solicitors haven’t really helped to do anything that makes me doubt them and, moreover the most recent payslip of April was handed out to solicitors to cover six month period because my hubby being 4 weekly paid and solicitors were ok about taking it instead of saying to us “this is not within 28 days” after a while we realised that it was not within 28 days so we asked solicitors to send out September one so we were thinking they would not count april one therefore sept, oct, nov, dec, Jan, feb, March would be counted but to our surprise they only acknowledged sept, oct, nov, dec.. Since the documents didn’t go through my hands I dk what was sent. I have written email and my husband left messages, called solicitor to ask for admin review but no response from them. I really hope I wasn’t just unlucky, hoping I met other requirements and they won’t refuse for other new reason. If it was indeed an admin error ,I’m really scared if it might happen again.I would have been ok if they acknowledged all my payslips and stated “”your April payslip is not within 28 days prior to the application date therefore we can’t grant you a visa”. Again idk if they omitted by solicitors however, solicitors have returned all the payslips except September one which probably still with HO. You think they fully checked all the other documents to list grounds for refusal? I see if I can appeal at the same time but my husband is too busy lately that it’s hard for him deal with this much stress.

Gunner786 Jul 16th 2018 2:21 am

Originally Posted by AnxiouslyAnxious (Post 12533261)

Letters with the solicitor. Will try picking it up