£18600 rule for permanent residency?

Old Aug 11th 2013, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

lagata is an unknown quantity at this point
Default £18600 rule for permanent residency?

Hi!

My husband is in the second year of his two year visa, planning to apply for permanent residency in April 2014. I heard that there had been some changes with regard to the rule that the sponsor has to be earning at least £18600 a year... can't find any information though on how this has changed. Since I ws made redundant a few months before having a baby, I am now only on the basic maternity allowance and have no job to go back to! I do have some savings though, but not sure if they take this into account or if it has to be in cash?

Thanks for your help!
Old Aug 11th 2013, 3:43 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: £18600 rule for permanent residency?

Originally Posted by lagata
Hi!

My husband is in the second year of his two year visa, planning to apply for permanent residency in April 2014. I heard that there had been some changes with regard to the rule that the sponsor has to be earning at least £18600 a year... can't find any information though on how this has changed. Since I ws made redundant a few months before having a baby, I am now only on the basic maternity allowance and have no job to go back to! I do have some savings though, but not sure if they take this into account or if it has to be in cash?

Thanks for your help!
As he is already here, then it shouldn't make any difference, it's only now required to get someone over to the UK, and it was only for 6 months in any case.
Old Aug 11th 2013, 3:51 pm
Just Joined

lagata is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you! That makes things easier
Old Aug 11th 2013, 3:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lagata
My husband is in the second year of his two year visa, planning to apply for permanent residency in April 2014.
As your husband's original settlement visa application was before 9 July 2012, then any subsequent applications are under the old rules. The £18,600 you refer to is part of the new rules, so is irrelevant to your husband.

This is the section on the UKBA website that is relevant to your husband.