**Please help** Extension of UK Ancestry Visa Question

Old Mar 31st 2015, 7:47 am
Just Joined

Misseve27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default **Please help** Extension of UK Ancestry Visa Question

Hi All,

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place but I hope someone can help me.

I'm planning to extend my UK ancestry visa and need to have it done within a month. I am currently filling out the Application for leave to remain in the UK in a category not covered by other forms and a biometric immigration document, Question 4.4 requests biometric details

· The name in which your finger prints were taken
· Date on which they were taken
· Place at which they were taken
· British diplomatic post if they were taken abroad

I believe that my Biometrics were taken at the Brisbane Australia British Consulate on the 26th of March 2010. But I'm not 100% sure. I do not have the original email from them any more and I don't want to submit something that isn't 100% correct.

I emailed the British immigration site and was told to fill in an application for my immigration history. This seems a little excessive though, and another time consuming step when I'm desperate to get everything in asap.

Has anyone else been in this position? Does anyone have any advice? Will this immigration history application yield the information I need?

Many thanks for your help everyone!
Chelsea
Old Mar 31st 2015, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: **Please help** Extension of UK Ancestry Visa Question

Originally Posted by Misseve27
I emailed the British immigration site and was told to fill in an application for my immigration history. This seems a little excessive though, and another time consuming step when I'm desperate to get everything in asap.
From what I have read on other forums, you really do need to fill it all in again. Some people on other forums said they just put the month and year with a footnote saying they aren't sure of the actual day but they never came back and said if that was accepted.

If you meet the 5 year residency requirements, Life in the UK test ect you can apply for ILR instead of an extension to your Ancestry visa

Last edited by formula; Mar 31st 2015 at 3:23 pm.