What would he need?

Old May 21st 2013, 8:16 am
Just Joined

Idyillic is an unknown quantity at this point
Question What would he need?

Hey all, I'm asking this on behalf of my partner.
The story is that he wants to move back to Hong Kong.

He was born in HK, lived there until he was 13 and then moved to the UK.
He has a British passport and has lived in the UK for 18-19 years with British citizenship.
His father still lives in HK as a HK citizen.

Seeing as he's never lived or worked in HK as an adult and not having any major qualifications (window fabricator/forklift licences) I was wondering what documents he would need to actually move there, or if having a close relative already there (or place of birth) would grant him some privileges.
Are window fabricators or forklift drivers in the same demand there as the UK?

It seems to be in his head that he can just pack his bags and move in with his dad but I'm pretty sure it won't be that simple.

Thanks for any and all help.
Old May 21st 2013, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

hong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What would he need?

http://www.gov.hk/en/residents/immig...fyeligible.htm

There is lots of information on the HK Gov web site.
Did he ever have a Permanent HK ID card ?

Last edited by hong_konger; May 21st 2013 at 9:08 am.
Old May 21st 2013, 9:13 am
Just Joined

Idyillic is an unknown quantity at this point

No I he doesn't as far as I'm aware
Old May 21st 2013, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

Supernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to all

He should be entitled to a Permanent HKID card which allows him to work and live freely in HK.
As to what kind of job he can get well that depends on his expectations but I'm sure with the right attitude he would be fine.
Old May 22nd 2013, 12:24 am
BE Enthusiast

hong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Supernoodles
He should be entitled to a Permanent HKID card which allows him to work and live freely in HK.
As to what kind of job he can get well that depends on his expectations but I'm sure with the right attitude he would be fine.
On what basis "should he be entitled to a Permanent HKID card" ? The 7 year rule, because he was born here or other ??