Radiographers HK

Old Jul 10th 2014, 6:39 pm
Just Joined

STAN1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Radiographers HK

Hi

I am not a radiographer but instead want to recruit MR trained radiographer ( CT trained radiographer also ) in our new 'Imaging Centre' in Macau. English speaking countries like UK/US/Canada/Australia graduates are most welcome.

I just wonder if anyone out there can help me to touch base with those daring
souls wanting to work in Macau ( getting more and more cosmopolitan ).

Thanks

STAN1
Old Aug 12th 2014, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

renshikyo is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow! I was surprised that there is a forum for the exact question I had!

I'm finishing up my degree&diploma in Canada for radiological technology and I was considering what is needed to work in Hong Kong. We have a national exam that we have to sit through and pass/pay in order to work in Canada, and I'm wondering if there's an association like that in Hong Kong. I found a website that states there are two (ISRRT - Member Societies of the ISRRT) there so I'm wondering, do you need to be a member of one or both to practice? Is there an exam for one or both as well?

Another concern I have after reading through the board was that my program does not normally include MRI, mammography, sonography, rad therapy or PET/SPECT courses. Are there courses in HK that can be taken for those?
Old Aug 13th 2014, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

Hi
I am afraid the different modality training is mostly done on site. Furthermore this almost always happen in Government Hospitals ( under the umbrella of HK Hospital Authority ). And more often than not you will have to wait your turn through certain years
of service ( a queue so to speak ) until you get your turn to start training in CT and then MRI. Think twice if you want a job and on top getting CT / MR / PET/SPECT training.
This means
Old Dec 27th 2014, 2:55 am
Just Joined

momoko123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by STAN1
Hi

I am not a radiographer but instead want to recruit MR trained radiographer ( CT trained radiographer also ) in our new 'Imaging Centre' in Macau. English speaking countries like UK/US/Canada/Australia graduates are most welcome.

I just wonder if anyone out there can help me to touch base with those daring
souls wanting to work in Macau ( getting more and more cosmopolitan ).

Thanks

STAN1

Hi STAN 1,

I was just wondering which hospital is the "new imaging" Centre located at? Are you still looking for graduates to recruit, as I am a graduate from Australia and is interested in starting my career in Macau. Are you able to help me with the application process if you are still looking to recruit radiographers.

Thanks.
Old Dec 27th 2014, 3:24 am
Just Joined

Hi Momoko123
Thanks for your reply and before I put you through to the HR can you tell me how many
languages you can speak and write ( English and Chinese are really essential ). Hope
this question does not put you off too much ( radiographers currently working on site all are
bilingual or trilingual ) and all to do with the international mix of clientale.
Thanks.
Old Dec 27th 2014, 6:17 am
Just Joined

Hi Momoko123
Thanks for your reply and before I put you through to the HR can you tell me how many
languages you can speak and write ( English and Chinese are really essential ). Hope
this question does not put you off too much ( radiographers currently working on site all are
bilingual or trilingual ) and all to do with the international mix of clientale.
Thanks.
Hi STAN 1,

Thanks for replying so quickly.

I can speak 3 languages: English, Cantonese & Vietnamese.

Thanks.

Last edited by momoko123; Dec 27th 2014 at 6:23 am.
Old Dec 27th 2014, 6:58 am
Just Joined

Hi Momoko123
Great and pleased to learn your impressive linguistic abilities ! For read and write will you be able to handle Chinese on a day to day basis ( Chinese being the predominant language in Macau ).
Thanks
STAN 1
Old Dec 27th 2014, 8:04 am
Just Joined

Hi Momoko123
Great and pleased to learn your impressive linguistic abilities ! For read and write will you be able to handle Chinese on a day to day basis ( Chinese being the predominant language in Macau ).
Thanks
STAN 1
Hi STAN 1,

Unfortunately I am unable to read and write Chinese and can only speak the language. I am only able to read and write English and Vietnamese.

Thanks.