Radiographers HK

Old Feb 6th 2013, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

meinemonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Radiographers HK

Hi

I stumbled across an advert for radiography vacancies in HK and wondered if anyone here could tell me what their experience has been like?

The salary looks very good compared to the UK but are the living costs higher?

Are the hospitals better than in UK?

Is language a barrier? I only speak english

Any help would be really appreciated thanks
Old Feb 7th 2013, 8:07 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Radiographers HK

Just to say hello and welcome to the forum. I'm not in HK so cannot help you, but hopefully someone will be along soon to advise you.
Old Feb 12th 2013, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

Supernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to all

You're comparing a city (Hong Kong) to a country (UK), being a Brit you must know there is a huge difference in living costs in London compared to Newport, Wales?!? So don't know how to answer that question...

Public hospitals operate predominantly in Cantonese speaking wise (and Mandarin increasingly), I'd imagine it would be a hurdle for a hospital to hire someone that couldn't converse with the majority of its patients or staff fluently.

Why don't you just ring them up to ask, best way to get an answer I think as this is a pretty narrow industry amongst HK expats.
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 6:04 am
Just Joined

Happyenough is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi monkey

I've been working in hong kong as a radiographer for a year or so now (but I was born and trained in the uk).
The public hospitals here are recruiting overseas radiographers as they currently have a shortage. I also couldn't speak a word of cantonese when I arrived, but work did pay for me to attend a language course. Patients, especially the older ones, do not tend to speak english, but the staff do.
I also find I have more disposable income than I did in england.

Hope that helps you a little
Old Mar 1st 2013, 12:36 am
Just Joined

minty_pumpkin is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Radiographers HK

Originally Posted by Happyenough
Hi monkey

I've been working in hong kong as a radiographer for a year or so now (but I was born and trained in the uk).
The public hospitals here are recruiting overseas radiographers as they currently have a shortage. I also couldn't speak a word of cantonese when I arrived, but work did pay for me to attend a language course. Patients, especially the older ones, do not tend to speak english, but the staff do.
I also find I have more disposable income than I did in england.

Hope that helps you a little
Hi Happyenough,

I'm a radiographer working in Singapore. I graduated from University of Sydney, and have worked for years as a radiographer/sonographer in Singapore.

I am now considering to move to HK to work as a mammographer/general radiographer. Do you mind to give me more information on working as a radiographer in HK? For example: pay, working environment, workload in both hospitals and private clinics, etc.
Is it still easy to get a job now?

How did you apply for the job? Was it through a job agency? Thank you so much!
Old Mar 5th 2013, 8:13 am
Just Joined

Happyenough is an unknown quantity at this point

I work for the hong kong hospital authority (all public hospitals here are hospital authority). So far as I know they are still actively recruiting overseas radiographers, but they are increasing intake to the university degree to solve the radiographer shortage long term. I was recruited through my university, but I have seem jobs advertised on the hospital authority website. I would say that the workload here is high, but it would depend on which hospital you were placed at. I really don't know about the private hospitals. I find the working environment generally pleasant, and staff friendly. Communication can be frustrating due to differing levels of english! Overall I do enjoy working here.
Old Mar 25th 2013, 6:21 am
Just Joined

minty_pumpkin is an unknown quantity at this point

I work for the hong kong hospital authority (all public hospitals here are hospital authority). So far as I know they are still actively recruiting overseas radiographers, but they are increasing intake to the university degree to solve the radiographer shortage long term. I was recruited through my university, but I have seem jobs advertised on the hospital authority website. I would say that the workload here is high, but it would depend on which hospital you were placed at. I really don't know about the private hospitals. I find the working environment generally pleasant, and staff friendly. Communication can be frustrating due to differing levels of english! Overall I do enjoy working here.
Hi, thank you so much for answering my questions. Just one more thing, may I know how long it took for the HK Radiographer Board to process your registration? Thank you again!
Old May 20th 2013, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

ohheya is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Happyenough,
I have intention to work in HK after graduating but I'm not from HK.
Do HK Hospital hire fresh grad and are they in need of radiographers?
Is it possible if I can have your email cause I have quite a few questions to ask.
Thank You!(:
Old Nov 17th 2013, 3:32 pm
Just Joined

Gigix is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by minty_pumpkin
Hi Happyenough,

I'm a radiographer working in Singapore. I graduated from University of Sydney, and have worked for years as a radiographer/sonographer in Singapore.

Hi
Do you how is the job market in Singapore at the moment for radiographers?

Thanks
Old Nov 18th 2013, 12:07 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Gigix and welcome to the forum . If you get no response on here, you may want to ask over in the Singapore section.
Old Dec 16th 2013, 4:20 pm
Just Joined

Gigix is an unknown quantity at this point

ok! thanks
Old Mar 24th 2014, 8:42 pm
Just Joined

nilzawangmo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi happy enough,
I'm a radiographer I've just moved to hk now looking for work. Can you please advise me in what to say in expected salary section. Are the requirements for registration the same in private? Same goes for nonirradiating modalities ie mri. I am still waiting for my registration to come through.
Old May 1st 2014, 11:53 pm
Just Joined

rttgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

hi happyenough,
do you have any specific links or suggestions as to how to get the process started. i would like to move to hk for work as well but theres limited information out there. would u suggest registering with the hongkong board first or do the entire process through a recruitment agency/hospital. thanks
Old May 1st 2014, 11:56 pm
Just Joined

rttgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nilzawangmo
Hi happy enough,
I'm a radiographer I've just moved to hk now looking for work. Can you please advise me in what to say in expected salary section. Are the requirements for registration the same in private? Same goes for nonirradiating modalities ie mri. I am still waiting for my registration to come through.
hi nilzawangmo, can you tell me how you got started with the whole process of working as a radiographer(therapeutic) in hk? which form did you fill out for the registraton. thanks
Old Jun 4th 2014, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

crazymonkey2013 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi rttgirl,

I have been invited for a interview with the Prince of Wales Hospital recruitment board just a week ago. I myself study radiotherapy at Trinity College Dublin. I would be happy to answer any questions regarding their recruitment process!

Best Regards,

crazymonkey2013

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.