Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > China/Hong Kong
Reload this Page >

Police certificate help outside China

Police certificate help outside China

Old May 9th 2016, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

MarieTh has a reputation beyond reputeMarieTh has a reputation beyond reputeMarieTh has a reputation beyond reputeMarieTh has a reputation beyond reputeMarieTh has a reputation beyond reputeMarieTh has a reputation beyond reputeMarieTh has a reputation beyond reputeMarieTh has a reputation beyond reputeMarieTh has a reputation beyond reputeMarieTh has a reputation beyond reputeMarieTh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Police certificate help outside China

Can anyone help with some information as to where I can apply for a Police Certificate from outside China?

I am currently in immigration proceedings to the USA and as I lived in China for 3 years I have to provide a Police Certificate.

I have found a few contacts but none of them seem to cover the Shenzhen, Shekou area. I don't have any contacts in China anymore and I wondered if anyone had any information they could share?

I have contacted the US Consulate here in the UK but they haven't gotten back to me and I can't get hold of anyone on the phone.

Many many thanks for any assistance. Marie
Old May 9th 2016, 11:58 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police certificate help outside China

Originally Posted by MarieTh
Can anyone help with some information as to where I can apply for a Police Certificate from outside China?

I am currently in immigration proceedings to the USA and as I lived in China for 3 years I have to provide a Police Certificate.

I have found a few contacts but none of them seem to cover the Shenzhen, Shekou area. I don't have any contacts in China anymore and I wondered if anyone had any information they could share?

I have contacted the US Consulate here in the UK but they haven't gotten back to me and I can't get hold of anyone on the phone.

Many many thanks for any assistance. Marie
Hi MarieTh, it might help if you could tell us your nationality and where you've resident the last 3 years?
Old May 9th 2016, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

MarieTh has a reputation beyond reputeMarieTh has a reputation beyond reputeMarieTh has a reputation beyond reputeMarieTh has a reputation beyond reputeMarieTh has a reputation beyond reputeMarieTh has a reputation beyond reputeMarieTh has a reputation beyond reputeMarieTh has a reputation beyond reputeMarieTh has a reputation beyond reputeMarieTh has a reputation beyond reputeMarieTh has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for that! I am English and lived in Shekou near Shenzhen for 3 years, 2001 - 2004, and I meant in my post that I have contacted the Chinese Consulate here in the UK but they haven't gotten back to me. Thank you
Old May 9th 2016, 1:09 pm
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for that! I am English and lived in Shekou near Shenzhen for 3 years, 2001 - 2004, and I meant in my post that I have contacted the Chinese Consulate here in the UK but they haven't gotten back to me. Thank you
No problem. I don't know about getting a police certificate for your stay in China but would it not suffice for your US visa application to have a police certificate from the UK, which is perhaps easier to obtain and more relevant?
Old May 9th 2016, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

Hi there, I have one from the UK but for the US I also have to provide one from any country I have lived in for more than 1 year since I was 16. I have moved around a bit and it's proving a problem to find out how to get one from China.
As I mentioned above I found a company in Beijing but they don't cover the area I lived in.
Old May 9th 2016, 1:49 pm
Hostage Negotiator

Hi there, I have one from the UK but for the US I also have to provide one from any country I have lived in for more than 1 year since I was 16. I have moved around a bit and it's proving a problem to find out how to get one from China.
As I mentioned above I found a company in Beijing but they don't cover the area I lived in.
We have a member who has lived in China for some years so it could be well worth sending him a PM and/or email to see if he can help:-

http://britishexpats.com/forum/members/owned-241369/

Remember to post back on here if you find the answer
Old May 9th 2016, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you InVinoVeritas - I will certainly let you know how I go on, appreciate your help.
Old Mar 18th 2017, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

I wanted to update my attempts to obtain a Police certificate outside China. This was needed for my US immigration as I had lived in China 2001 - 2004. At the London embassy the consular officer told me it would be easy - hah!
I have to say that as I had lost my residency permit which is vital to show you have lived there, I secured the services of an attorney in Beijing. They were able to put together a very detailed case as to why I could not obtain a police certificate which I submitted to the US Embassy and along with a sworn affidavit they accepted this and finally issued my immigration visa.