Mongolia

Old Aug 24th 2011, 8:33 am
Just Joined

Scottish-lassie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mongolia

My husband has been offered a job in Mongolia. We have a 14 year old girl due to start GCSE's this term. Can anyone give me info on whether it would be a good move, experiences of Mongolia etc etc. Need as much info as possible and quickly. Many thanks
Old Aug 24th 2011, 9:44 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mongolia

hi and welcome to BE

i don't know if we've got anyone on here from Mongolia. Should be interesting to see.

If you don't get any joy on here, try googling mongolia expat. I just did and quite surprised at the number of websites out there.

If you get any answers, do post back on here, won't you.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

andrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really nice
Default Re: Mongolia

Hi Scottish Lassie, indeed, I hope you get some information. You'll be needing an international school. Quite expensive, so try and get your husband's employer to pay the fees ! This and other benefits (like, flights back home each year, a leased car and driver, private medical insurance, housing allowance etc) will make your stay in an interesting part of the world more comfortable.
Do you know what city you will be living in ? Ulaanbaatar ?

Try and make a short visit to look around before you agree on the move. Best to know a little bit about the place first.