MACAU VISA REJECTED HELP

Old Aug 5th 2014, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

zak87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default MACAU VISA REJECTED HELP

Hi guys

Im hoping you can help with my situation or point me in the right direction..

Im a 26 year old male from the UK and have been offered a construction job in Macau.

The company are sponsoring me, I have waited 3 months for my visa to come through and this morning it was rejected due to my highest qualification not being recognised.

As you can imagine I am devastated as this is a great opportunity etc.

They require a HNC (Level 4) qualification as a minimum - I have a certificate of higher education as I completed the first year of university full time but Macau immigration are not recognising this as the equivalent.

Where does this leave me? and what are my options? anything I can do?

the company are trying to sort it out but its not looking good.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old Aug 6th 2014, 12:12 am
BE Enthusiast

hong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MACAU VISA REJECTED HELP

I'm not sure about Macau but in HK the usual rule is that the sponsor has to demonstrate that there is no-one available locally to do the job that they want you to do.

So that maybe be part of the reason... what specific job in construction are you intending to do in Macau ?
Old Aug 6th 2014, 5:55 am
Just Joined

My job title is Electrical site engineer.

As I mentioned they are not recognising that I do have the level 4 education that is required, its just in the format of Certificate of higher education and not HNC.

Very frustrating as i feel like theres nothing I can do??
Old Aug 6th 2014, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

Is it a British company or a HK company and do they have a history of construction in HK and Macau?
Old Aug 6th 2014, 9:25 am
Just Joined

They are the biggest constriction company in Asia I believe and are partly owned by a British company.

I'm sure it's just a mistake at the immigration office not recognising the qualification, I'm praying the company get it sorted.
Old Aug 6th 2014, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

Does the name begin with G?
Old Aug 6th 2014, 10:42 am
Just Joined

Yes it does...? Doesn't sound good lol
Old Aug 6th 2014, 11:03 am
Just Joined

Bizarre thing is my friend who also got the job doesn't even have Level 4 and his visa got approved today!!
Old Aug 6th 2014, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

I worked for them for some time.

Very good packages at that time with great bonuses.

I was Charted so didn't have your problem but I hired quite a few uk and Aus and even a SA guys with less quals than you.
But they were for HK not Macau.
Old Aug 6th 2014, 12:50 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zak87
Bizarre thing is my friend who also got the job doesn't even have Level 4 and his visa got approved today!!
Sounds like an Immigration cock-up doesn't it. Let's hope "G" can sort it out.

My passport has witnessed a number of Immigration cock-ups. A wrong type of employment pass stamped in passport (Singapore) and wrong date stamp where I arrived in the future before I left (Malaysia).