Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > China/Hong Kong
Reload this Page >

How do we get a move to Hong Kong?

How do we get a move to Hong Kong?

Old Aug 9th 2007, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

neil.scott is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How do we get a move to Hong Kong?

My wife and I are seeking a move to Hong Kong. I grew up there and so I am very familiar with the place. However I don't hold an I.D. card any longer as I left just after my 18th birthday. My wife is a fully qualified teacher of history in a local secondary school here in Liverpool and I am a self employed coffee shop owner but I also hold a degree. We just can't seem to get started on the job hunting front for HK and are unsure of whom to contact regarding employment opportunities? We have tried the international school websites (esf etc...) but they don't seem to advertise until February. Does anyone have any advice as to where to look for other employers so we can get out there earlier or some places to contact for job openings? Or if we should find a sponsor? Any help is much appreciated!!!
Old Aug 10th 2007, 1:23 am

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do we get a move to Hong Kong?

Originally Posted by neil.scott
My wife and I are seeking a move to Hong Kong. I grew up there and so I am very familiar with the place. However I don't hold an I.D. card any longer as I left just after my 18th birthday. My wife is a fully qualified teacher of history in a local secondary school here in Liverpool and I am a self employed coffee shop owner but I also hold a degree. We just can't seem to get started on the job hunting front for HK and are unsure of whom to contact regarding employment opportunities? We have tried the international school websites (esf etc...) but they don't seem to advertise until February. Does anyone have any advice as to where to look for other employers so we can get out there earlier or some places to contact for job openings? Or if we should find a sponsor? Any help is much appreciated!!!
Try posting over at http://www.geoexpat.com/ Probably more popular than here. They also have a section dealing specifically with kids and education and can give you a rundown on some of the schools that might be looking for someone, along with some advice on the immigration issues.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 7:50 am
Just Joined

neil.scott is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How do we get a move to Hong Kong?

Thanks will give it a try!