Hong Kong Please Help

Old Mar 14th 2005, 8:42 am
rmj
Just Joined

Location: Wellington...there where the mighty Hurricanes come from...be afraid....be very very afraid!!!
rmj is just really nicermj is just really nicermj is just really nicermj is just really nicermj is just really nicermj is just really nicermj is just really nicermj is just really nicermj is just really nice
Default Hong Kong Please Help

Hi

Hopefully someone can help us, and point us in the right direction.

Im a South-African passport holder, married to a Hong Kong Resident with Right of Abode. We have a 14 month old baby on a South-African passport. We are currently living in London, UK.

We want to move to Hong Kong. We will be applying on the depent visa for myself and baby. How to we go about it from the UK?

My wife will go first with baby and I will follow a little bit later (6 months later). So we want my wife's parents to go to Hong Kong and help with baby. They are currently living in Singapore on Chinese passports. Which visa would be best for applying for them?

Any comments/advice appreciated...

Thanks
Old Mar 14th 2005, 9:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hong Kong Please Help

Originally Posted by rmj
Hi

Hopefully someone can help us, and point us in the right direction.

Im a South-African passport holder, married to a Hong Kong Resident with Right of Abode. We have a 14 month old baby on a South-African passport. We are currently living in London, UK.

We want to move to Hong Kong. We will be applying on the depent visa for myself and baby. How to we go about it from the UK?

My wife will go first with baby and I will follow a little bit later (6 months later). So we want my wife's parents to go to Hong Kong and help with baby. They are currently living in Singapore on Chinese passports. Which visa would be best for applying for them?

Any comments/advice appreciated...

Thanks
Hi rmj,

You can find out about visa to Hong Kong from the Chinese Consulates in the UK:

Chinese Embassy in The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Consular Department
Address : 49-51 PORTLAND PLACE, LONDON W1B 1JL, U.K.
Mailbox : ---
Country district code : 44-207
Telephone : 2298428, 2998433
Fax line : 4369178, 6369756

CONSULATE-GENERAL OF THE PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA IN EDINBURGH, UNITED KINGDOM
Address : 55 CORSTORPHINE ROAD, EDINBURGH EH12 5QG, U.K.
Country district code : 0044131
Telephone : 3371207 or 3373220
Fax line : 3371790

Chinese Consulate-General in Manchester, United Kingdom
Address : DENISON HOUSE, 49 DENISON ROAD, RUSHOLME, MANCHESTER M14 5RX U.K.
Country district code : 0044-0161
Telephone : 2248672
Fax line : 2572672

Application Forms

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Mrs JTL