Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > China/Hong Kong
Reload this Page >

HANGZHOU - Childcare and Accommodation

HANGZHOU - Childcare and Accommodation

Old Sep 24th 2019, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

Evo20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HANGZHOU - Childcare and Accommodation

Hi there

I am about to move to Hangzhou, China with my wife, 3 year old son and 3 month old baby.

I am interested to learn about the different areas of Hangzhou and if I'll be able to get a good blend of family life and city life for my small family while I'm at work.

I have three main questions

-Are there a good amount of 3 bedroom properties in or around datieguan station area? And if so, how much would I be paying per month?

-Are there also daycare/kindergarten options in this area, that would take in my 3 year old 3 mornings, or perhaps full days per week?

-What is the rough cost of kindergarten/daycare in Hangzhou- especially if I only require it for 3 days per week?

Thanks so much for any help you can offer....

Cheers
Old Apr 4th 2020, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

blade000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HANGZHOU - Childcare and Accommodation

Hi Evo20, how is your job and adventures in Hangzhou? We have 2 kids aged 14 and 11. We would also like to teach in school in Shanghai or Hangzhou. Do you mind to reveal the average salary of PGCE certified teacher with 3-4 years experience in China? How much is the accommodation? Thanks.
Old Apr 27th 2020, 12:03 am
Just Joined

montrealwanderer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HANGZHOU - Childcare and Accommodation

Check out dipont. For Hangzhou, they have one a-level centre (Hangzhou foreign language school) and one K12 (King's College Hangzhou). For salary, you should really check with them I was just once student there . The rent really depends on location. The overall price is quite on par with Shanghai (maybe a bit cheaper), hope these help