Chinese Green Card

Old Nov 27th 2002, 4:55 pm
Just Joined

bathboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Chinese Green Card

Hi,

I currently live in the UK and am a UK citizen, I am thinking of marrying a Chinese girl. She wants to move back to China in the next couple of years. I was wondering whether anyone knows how easy it is for me to get a green card for China if I am married to a Chinese citizen.

thanks,

Bathboy
Old Jun 23rd 2003, 9:53 am
Just Joined

Lacey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chinese Green Card

Originally posted by bathboy
Hi,

I currently live in the UK and am a UK citizen, I am thinking of marrying a Chinese girl. She wants to move back to China in the next couple of years. I was wondering whether anyone knows how easy it is for me to get a green card for China if I am married to a Chinese citizen.

thanks,

Bathboy
Old Jun 23rd 2003, 9:58 am
Just Joined

Lacey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chinese Green Card

Originally posted by bathboy
Hi,

thanks,

Bathboy

Last updated at: (Beijing Time) Friday, August 30, 2002
Chinese 'Green Card' Will be Put Into Effect in 2003
The investigation and revision on the Chinese "Green Card" system is being carried out smoothly. With the draft to be gradually improved and almost mature, it is now being further revised for improvement before it is put into effect by the end of the year 2003.

PRINT DISCUSSION CHINESE SEND TO FRIEND

Hi,

According to the news of Aug.29, 2002, person in charge of the Entry and Exit Administration of the Ministry of Public Security said, the investigation and revision on the Chinese "Green Card" system is being carried out smoothly. With the draft to be gradually improved and almost mature, it is now being further revised for improvement before it is put into effect by the end of the year 2003.

The "Green Card" system is one of important items decided last year in the reformation of the Entry and Exit Administration, i.e. the "permanent residence system for foreigners in China". In 1985 when the relevant law was worked out China had it stipulated that "foreigners who wish to stay permanently in China may obtain their long-term and permanent residence qualification". Therefore, China has to make perfect the legal stipulation by pushing forward the "Green Card" system.

As learned, the Chinese "Green Card" system is somewhat different from the "Green Card" now prevailing in western countries. As China is a country with a large population and also a non-immigration country and so in consideration of the practical situation in China those possible to obtain the Chinese "Green Card" fall into the following three categories. They are foreigners having made great contribution to China's reform and opening up, human resources badly needed by some art and technological sectors and some members for family reunions.

Official concerned with the Ministry of Public Security said, whoever obtained permanent residence qualification in China enjoys the same social, economic and cultural rights, as does a Chinese citizen, namely a "Chinese national treatment". A person with the Chinese "Green Card" (permanent residence permit) may make his/her multiple entry and exit freely without requiring visas.

The person concerned stresses that for the moment the draft for the implementation of the Chinese "Green Card" is being improved, not brought out yet, but is basically mature. It is expected to be issued when the Ministry of Public Security hands in and gets the approval of the State Council. As the move is for the perfection of legal stipulation made in the past it won't follow the usual way of experimentation. The goal "to fulfill the implementation of the Chinese green card by the end of the year 2003" as set by the Ministry of Public Security "should be able to be fulfilled in time", as the person concerned pointed out in a sanguine mode.

If you have further questions, please email to [email protected]

Lacey