Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > China/Hong Kong
Reload this Page >

CHINA and something that happens to "other people"

CHINA and something that happens to "other people"

Old Dec 19th 2006, 6:20 am
Just Joined

simsjk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CHINA and something that happens to "other people"

It's not a good story.. In fact it's a damn sorry story. It's true too.

I’ll start with the divorce.. The reason I went for divorce was because my ex wife, had arranged people (plus relatives of hers) who, on the 19th September 2003 went to my factory, broke the door down and cleared the office of all equipment and documents.
The following day she came to our apartment with her brother plus three thugs who beat me.
She forced Devon our son to watch this and there were many many witnesses. Devon was crying and screaming “don’t hit daddy, don’t hit daddy”, he was 2 ½ years old at that time.

My lawyer says there is no requirement for a judge to give one parent or the other rights to see their child. However he says it’s strange as both parents requested custody. The other thing he says is the judgement gives basically everything to my ex wife.. He says this is incredibly unfair. They chose to ignore my personal debt. The other thing, is her personal debt was made up of pieces of paper which she had signed for borrowing money. We know these are false as one of the people who was supposed to have made this document, her cousin Chen Xue Xue actually said, when the documents were presented.. “What are those?? I never signed any bits of paper.”
Because of this we had the handwriting verified (which the judge arranged). The result was that the signatures were genuine.. This is the first real evidence of bias/corruption.

The next evidence was the Chinese passport made for my son. He already had British Nationality and had left and re-entered the country on this passport.
The interesting thing to note is the application form used for making the Chinese passport. The judgment is impossible.
If it is correct it changed Chinese Nationality Law.. Not only that.. Any Chinese/Foreign nationals who have their second child in China are breaking the family law one child policy and should be punished. In fact they get around this law by simply making a foreign passport for their first, or second child.

Also.. the judges, during court hearings twice ordered my wife to bring my son in to let me see him.. She ignored them and they did nothing.

So I applied against the PSB and lost both the case and the appeal.. Impossible.
The divorce took 18 months to come through and the visiting rights another year or more.

I now have legal rights to see my son but my wife ignores the court and they do nothing to enforce my rights.

I was imprisoned for two reasons.. I’ve been imprisoned three times.

The first was for “refusing” to pay the divorce settlement. I have told them many many times I was unable to pay 300,000 RMB cash. They insisted I pay this amount in one payment.. I offered to pay in monthly installments as is my right. However they refuse to let me make an official offer of installment payments so they have mad it appear I simply refuse to pay.

In order to imprison me they must have proof I have the money. According to the law here. They said to a representative on the New Zealand Consulate, Paul Rothville, their proof was that I owned a car. When he actually pointed out to the court that the car was borrowed, they told him that I had a Chinese driving license and that was proof enough to show I had the 300,000 Rmb.. !!!

The other imprisonment was for assault.. I have recordings of my ex wife stating she can have me put in prison any time she likes. She is a personal friend of the Chief of police here, Wu Bo Ren.

They first pulled me off the street, last December.. Then after a hearing and an appeal I was put inside again.

My last time, in prison for assault.. amazingly enough.. I was at two places at the same time doing two different things. The police provided "evidence" 3 months after the "event", two months after the time any evidence could be legally accepted and the person providing the evidence was not actually legally qualified to do so. I lost that case and an appeal.. The judge just ignored all the evidence I had provided and basically said I had failed to refute the evidence provided by the police.. In other words I had failed to prove myself innocent!!.

So they locked me up. This time I was made to assemble christmas decorations for the Coca Cola Company. You should check out their website and what they say about using prison labour for manufacturing their products. The good thing is one of the prison warders who is disgusted with the corruption in this city of Ningbo, recorded the products being made and got me a copy.. Not good quality but..

Just recently, when I went to the court to ask why my ex wife is not being punished, the enforcement officer, Mr Shen told me they were not going to enforce my visiting rights and if I want to find my ex wife I should go and do it.

The other enforcement officer, Mr Liu, who was responsible for imprisoning me for “refusing to pay the divorce settlement” grabbed my bag, which I grabbed back. About 6 court officers then proceeded to beat me up.

They then took 1600 rmb of cash from it and confiscated my passport.. They have not returned my passport to me.

I now have no legal options left to see my son.

This has all resulted as corruption and racism.. Anyone any suggestions? I'm all out of them.

Jon Sims.

Last edited by Sue; Dec 22nd 2006 at 2:44 pm. Reason: Name removed. Please do not post names on a public forum!
Old Dec 19th 2006, 6:39 am
Remember

Desert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CHINA and something that happens to "other people"

If you and your son are British passport holders, go to the embassy.
Old Dec 19th 2006, 6:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Desert Dweller
If you and your son are British passport holders, go to the embassy.
I haven't seen him since 2003. I've spent loads on PI's who are ripping me off.. Once I've found him I will. I need to know what protections they can give me without asking them or letting them know and if I can get protected passage back to England.. Perhaps you can tell me?

Thanks
Old Dec 19th 2006, 8:35 am
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simsjk
I haven't seen him since 2003. I've spent loads on PI's who are ripping me off.. Once I've found him I will. I need to know what protections they can give me without asking them or letting them know and if I can get protected passage back to England.. Perhaps you can tell me?

Thanks
"Any Chinese/Foreign nationals who have their second child in China are breaking the family law one child policy and should be punished. In fact they get around this law by simply making a foreign passport for their first, or second child"

I was under the impression if one of the parents were foreign, then they could have as many children as they wanted. Albeit with money and the infamous guanxi.

Where were you based in China? I recognise the NZ Consulate's name you mentioned.
Old Dec 20th 2006, 1:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by C&R
"Any Chinese/Foreign nationals who have their second child in China are breaking the family law one child policy and should be punished. In fact they get around this law by simply making a foreign passport for their first, or second child"

I was under the impression if one of the parents were foreign, then they could have as many children as they wanted. Albeit with money and the infamous guanxi.

Where were you based in China? I recognise the NZ Consulate's name you mentioned.
The one Child policy applies to all people in china.. The law is the law (well.. you'd think so). If your child is born in China and one parent is Chinese, the child is immediately chinese. You have to take out foreign nationality for the child and when the child leaves the country on this passport becomes officially foreign and will need an entry visa to re-enter the country.

Article 9 of the Chinese nationality law is as follows.;
[Article 9] Any Chinese national who has settled abroad and who has been naturalized as a foreign national or has acquired foreign nationality of his own free will shall automatically lose Chinese nationality.

The criminals who run the courts here decided as my son was born in China he was still Chinese.. It is an impossible decision and really does change the status of all Children born in China of mixed nationality parentage.. The courts here have re-written the Chinese Nationality Law.
Old Dec 20th 2006, 3:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Hey, sorry to hear your sorry. I had a look at the British Embassy in China's website and there are things they can and cannot do for you. I think you should contact them as soon as you can for assistance. They'll do anything they can to help you out.

http://www.uk.cn/bj/consular_index.a...d=530&artid=38

What kind of help we can provide

This page gives advice about what help we can provide if you do get into difficulty. We offer help which is appropriate to the individual circumstances of each case, including:
  • issuing replacement passports;

• providing information about transferring funds;

• providing appropriate help if you have suffered rape or serious assault, are a victim of other crime, or are in hospital;

• helping people with mental illness;

• providing details of local lawyers, interpreters and doctors and funeral directors;

• doing all we properly can to contact you within 24 hours of being told that you have been detained;

• offering support and help in a range of other cases, such as child abductions, death of relatives overseas, missing people and kidnapping;

• contacting family or friends for you if you want; and

• making special arrangements in cases of terrorism, civil disturbances or natural disasters.

UK law says we have to charge for some services. Consulates display the current fees and the standards of service you can expect under Service First.

We cannot...
  • get you out of prison, prevent the local authorities from deporting you after your prison sentence, or interfere in criminal or civil court proceedings;

• help you enter a country, for example, if you do not have a visa or your passport is not valid, as we cannot interfere in another country’s immigration policy or procedures;

• give you legal advice, investigate crimes or carry out searches for missing people, although we can give you details of people who may be able to help you in these cases, such as English-speaking lawyers;

• get you better treatment in hospital or prison than is given to local people;

• pay any bills or give you money (in very exceptional circumstances we may lend you some money from public funds, which you will have to pay back);

• make travel arrangements for you, or find you work or accommodation; or

• make business arrangements on your behalf.
    The Consul General responsible for Ningbo should be the one in Shanghai.

Here's the contact information:
    Consular Section
    British Consulate-General Shanghai, Suite 319, Shanghai Center, 1376 Nanjing Xi Lu Shanghai 200040
    Phone: (+86) (0) 21 6279 8576, 6279 8918
    Fax: (+86) (0) 21 6279 7651
    Email:[email protected]

Good luck with everything and let us know how you get on.

Mrs JTL

Old Dec 20th 2006, 4:09 am
    Forum Regular

Tortuga is just really niceTortuga is just really niceTortuga is just really niceTortuga is just really niceTortuga is just really niceTortuga is just really niceTortuga is just really niceTortuga is just really niceTortuga is just really nice

What could you possibly have done to deserve such disrespect from your wife? I know separations can be acrimonious but to allow her son to witness your beating is unforgivable.

I guess on the bright side you are still alive? Having said that you’re no use to her dead are you; unless that is she has a copy of your life insurance policy? Now that reminds me of that poor chap who got BBQ by his Thai wife.
    Old Dec 20th 2006, 7:18 am
    Remember

Desert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond repute

The least you should do is register the issue with the embassy so you have recourse when/if it gets any worse.
    They may not even be able to help you now as you have commited crimes in China. i suspect there is more to this and we are only getting one side. Turning to a web forum for help is not really a good way forward.
    I really do hope you get this sorted though with the least additional accrimony as possible.
    Old Dec 20th 2006, 11:22 pm
    Just Joined

The one Child policy applies to all people in china.. The law is the law (well.. you'd think so). If your child is born in China and one parent is Chinese, the child is immediately chinese. You have to take out foreign nationality for the child and when the child leaves the country on this passport becomes officially foreign and will need an entry visa to re-enter the country.

Article 9 of the Chinese nationality law is as follows.;
    [Article 9] Any Chinese national who has settled abroad and who has been naturalized as a foreign national or has acquired foreign nationality of his own free will shall automatically lose Chinese nationality.

The criminals who run the courts here decided as my son was born in China he was still Chinese.. It is an impossible decision and really does change the status of all Children born in China of mixed nationality parentage.. The courts here have re-written the Chinese Nationality Law.
    Thanks Jack.
    What the embassy will not do is pretty much everything.. They've done nothing in 3 years and they continue to do that with much tact and diplomacy. I am on my own in this situation. When police and judges beat you up and take your passport off you and the embassy simply give you a passport application form, you know you're not going to get help there.

What isnt written on the Embassy page is how far they have to go to protect you once you are in the embassy compound. I need to know that.. The police here are threatening to kill me and I need to find out from someone who knows this sort of stuff, that if I turn up at the embassy, they are not going to turn me out on the street.. I need to find a specific "document" which states what the embassy is committed to doing instead of the wishy wasy stuff about visiting you in hospital.

I need to find that out..

I need to tell all expacts that the Courts and Police in Ningbo City here are racist and corrupt. There isnt' a single foreign invested company which hasn't suffered at the hands of these evil people.
    Old Dec 20th 2006, 11:27 pm
    Just Joined

Originally Posted by Tortuga
    What could you possibly have done to deserve such disrespect from your wife? I know separations can be acrimonious but to allow her son to witness your beating is unforgivable.

I guess on the bright side you are still alive? Having said that you’re no use to her dead are you; unless that is she has a copy of your life insurance policy? Now that reminds me of that poor chap who got BBQ by his Thai wife.
    Thank you for your concern about my ex wife. I have had 3 years to think about answering that. You make the assumption she has feelings and emotions. My son sees her once a year or so. She has got custody of my son and given him to other people to bring up. She doesn't care about him either. Her motive is simple. Keep me and my son apart forever. She knows we love each other and because she does not have this capacity herself, wants to see the two of us suffer...

When you have powerful and racist contacts, you can achieve great things.

She didn't allow my son to watch me lying on the floor whilst the feet were raining in.. SHE FORCED HIM TO WATCH.. SHE HELD HIS HEAD.
    Our eyes just locked onto each other and for me, I felt nothing else but the pain of seeing my son tormented in this way.
    Old Dec 20th 2006, 11:35 pm
    Just Joined

The least you should do is register the issue with the embassy so you have recourse when/if it gets any worse.
    They may not even be able to help you now as you have commited crimes in China. i suspect there is more to this and we are only getting one side. Turning to a web forum for help is not really a good way forward.
    I really do hope you get this sorted though with the least additional accrimony as possible.

I feel sorry for you. You cannot see the truth. Mind you, most people cannot see the truth. They prefer lies.
    By assuming I am lying you are assuming the police here are not corrupt and racist...!!!!
    I no longer have a lawyer as he is scared for his own family and livelihood.
    Read my stories in the Mail on Sunday and the Times of london. They are true. If you want me to send you the videos of the coca cola products being made in prison, I will do.

I do not have to lie. Everything I have said is the truth. I was imprisoned for having a chinese driving license as that is proof I have large amounts of cash! The court did not tell that to me. They said it to the embassy official. Are you going to accuse an embassy official of helping the lie, especially when they have done absolutely nothing else?

I joined this public forum for a number of reasons. I need to get my story out and I need to have this situation thoroughly scrutinised by the correct officials in Beijing. That is what is going to happen eventually. So, if I lie, the lie will be discovered and everything I have been fighting for will be lost.

I'm sorry.. why is it you think I should lie?
    Old Dec 20th 2006, 11:45 pm
    Just Joined

Turning to a web forum for help is not really a good way forward.
    I really do hope you get this sorted though with the least additional accrimony as possible

What do you suggest??? I've run out of legal ways to get to see my son.. I even have legal rights to see my son given to me by the court, but the court, because that woman has powerful contacts and they are racist, refuses to do anything. I have bent the ears of people in The embassies, the Foreign office, MP's , the royal family, people everywhere.

WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST?

CHRIST.. IF I WAS A CRIMINAL AND IN PRISON I WOULD HAVE RIGHTS TO SEE MY SON.

My mistake is not having done anything wrong.

But forget me for a minute?

What has my son done??? He also deserves not to see his daddy, who don't forget was living with me and I had custody of the child when this woman decided to take him away from me. He has rights according to the United Nations Rights of a Child.. China is a fully signed up member. The UN, The Embassies and the Courts here think me invoking that law is a joke.

SO I HAVE NO LEGAL RIGHTS AND NO LEGAL PROTECTION. NEITHER DOES MY SON.. WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST I DO?????

Chief of police here.. Force about the size of the Devon and Cornwall constabulary, personally changed a $25 dollar fine to a prison term.. That is impossible.. It's not just illegal, it's impossible.. It would be like the Chief of Devon and Cornwall constabulary personally issuing an arrest warrant for an unpaid parking ticket.

DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT IN 3 YEARS I HAVE NOT EXHAUSTED ALL POSSIBLITIES??

Last edited by Sue; Dec 22nd 2006 at 2:40 pm. Reason: Name removed. Please do not post names on a public forum!
    Old Dec 21st 2006, 12:15 am
    Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Jonothan, after a bit of digging, I found this posted on the web about you. I'm not doubting what you're saying here but are there any elements of truth in what the person says?

I know this british guy. he is very famous in ningbo for his bad behaviour and rude actions. the truth of the story is this british guy wanted to abduct his son out of china and then force his wife to leave him and their house. now i'd like to tell you the record of this british guy. around 1996 he came from newzealand with empty hands and just looking for some chances in china for making fortune.
    under the great help of her ex-wife, he established the so-called factory. his wife helped to pruchase his house and helped to go through all the official red-tapes for establishing his factory just after ten days of giving birth to their hybrid baby. and she was forced by this guy to leave bed when she needed rest to recover from labor and often beaten by this guy after the birth.
    oh god! you are the witness for all the ill treatment and evils this guy had ever done to his wife and son.
    how could such a thug assert to be unfairly treated.
    he drove his car crazily in streets in ningbo and other cities around china. and many times did he bump and assault other chinese normal people. He broke the basic rule living in a forein country DO IN ROME AS ROMAN DOES.
    In our british circle who are living currently in china this british guy just humiliate us and our nation for his xenophobia and ill action done to innocent chinese friends. he's got a bad name on herself.
    the story given by him is bullshit.
    Like Dessert Dweller says we're only hearing one side of the story from you. We don't know you. Could you not get any help from family/friends in the UK?

Mrs JTL
    Old Dec 21st 2006, 12:24 am
    Just Joined

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
    Hey Jonothan, after a bit of digging, I found this posted on the web about you. I'm not doubting what you're saying here but are there any elements of truth in what the person says?

Like Dessert Dweller says we're only hearing one side of the story from you. We don't know you. Could you not get any help from family/friends in the UK?

Mrs JTL
    Jack..
    That is very interesting.. I've also got copies of news stories in the local papers here which say I'm a criminal and have actually been to prison overseas. Can you give me the web site details. This looks like the workings of her brother.
    If you notice.. "he's got a bad name on herself." The mixing up of the genders is a very common Chinese mistake. I came to China in 1995. I didn't know my ex wife until 2000 and that is why this person has got the date of my coming to China wrong.
    Why is his English so good? Because I forked out the money for him to go to England and study English at Manchester University. In his holidays this person stayed with my mother in Torquay. The first thing he did when he came back to China was to come to Ningbo with his "mates" and beat me whilst his sister took my son..
    He is a public prosecutor in the Shanghai Court system and a part of the corruption is coming from this avenue.

Please send me the web page address.

Thanks

Last edited by Sue; Dec 22nd 2006 at 2:42 pm. Reason: Name removed. Please do not name names on a public forum!
    Old Dec 21st 2006, 12:31 am
    Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jack..
    That is very interesting.. I've also got copies of news stories in the local papers here which say I'm a criminal and have actually been to prison overseas. Can you give me the web site details. This looks like the workings of her brother.
    If you notice.. "he's got a bad name on herself." The mixing up of the genders is a very common Chinese mistake. I came to China in 1995. I didn't know my ex wife until 2000 and that is why this person has got the date of my coming to China wrong.
    Why is his English so good? Because I forked out the money for him to go to England and study English at Manchester University. In his holidays this person stayed with my mother in Torquay. The first thing he did when he came back to China was to come to Ningbo with his "mates" and beat me whilst his sister took my son..
    He is a public prosecutor in the Shanghai Court system and a part of the corruption is coming from this avenue.

Please send me the web page address.

Thanks
    Here you go:
    http://www.indymedia.org/en/2004/05/853582.shtml

Mrs JTL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.