Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > China/Hong Kong
Reload this Page >

Changing from marriage visa to work visa in China

Changing from marriage visa to work visa in China

Old Aug 5th 2021, 3:03 am
Just Joined
Thread Starter
Joined: Aug 2021
Posts: 1
NickParker is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Changing from marriage visa to work visa in China

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for taking the time to read this message.

I'd like to know if you still need to leave China when changing from a marriage visa to a work visa. This used to be the case but I'm not sure if it still is or not. I've been on a work visa for 7 years but due to the current shake-up of the education industry, I might need to switch to a marriage visa and then back to a work visa as I change jobs and relocate within China. My wife is Chinese and I've used a marriage visa before. I just wondered if anyone knew about the having to leave the country thing or not? With the current Covid 19 situation and a one-year-old son I think it'd be quite problematic to 'just go to Hong Kong and come back'.

Any advice you fellows could share would be greatly appreciated.


NickParker is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.