British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   China/Hong Kong (https://britishexpats.com/forum/china-hong-kong-151/)
-   -   Buying property in Yantai, (China) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/china-hong-kong-151/buying-property-yantai-china-640659/)

uk_vette Nov 15th 2009 6:08 pm

Buying property in Yantai, (China)

Hello,

Well, it looks like I could shortly be looking for a place to live in Yantai.
The thing is, I can't seem to find any 'Estate Agents' or places on the 'net where to start looking.

I understand that it is not too difficult for foreigners to own property in China.

If any one can advise me, or point me in the right direction where to look for apartments or houses for sale in Yantai, please chip in.

;vette

andrewrh Nov 16th 2009 2:28 pm

Re: Buying property in Yantai, (China)

My experience across the water in Tianjin (where there seems to be plenty of property shops) :

buy new if you can - prices could be similar to desirable second hand - from memory Yantai has some new properties being built now;
look where they are building and find out a phone number or maybe they have people handing out brochures in a shopping centre (with a scale model of the finished project). Buy early and the price should be lower. You might be able to bargain a little bit.

For more detailed stuff you can send me a pm with any questions and I can see if I can answer them form my experience.

guans Jan 3rd 2010 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by uk_vette (Post 8100178)
Hello,

The thing is, I can't seem to find any 'Estate Agents' or places on the 'net where to start looking.

I understand that it is not too difficult for foreigners to own property in China.

If any one can advise me, or point me in the right direction where to look for apartments or houses for sale in Yantai, please chip in.

;vette

hi, do you mind me ask, is this for just investment or you would like to live in YanTai? if for investment, Beijing and Shang Hai are better.

guans Jan 3rd 2010 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by uk_vette (Post 8100178)
Hello,

;vette

hi
the property prices are going up everyday at the moment, and there are some new laws coming out every year to amend the existing regulations on property. In Yan Tai, apartments near the city centre are better than those outside the city as they keep their values (just in case, you sell it at a later day). The pounds are so weak now, you would need to choose a good time to convert pounds into Chinese Yuan. Yan Tai is a lovely city to live in, but there would not be sufficiant info for you on the web in terms of searching the right apartment, you need to go there, it would be helpful if you speak Chinese, or have friend who can show you around. Chinese people like to buy new properties if possible, but there are more room for negociating prices on the second hand ones.

andrewrh Jan 4th 2010 9:32 am

Originally Posted by guans (Post 8215667)
hi
the property prices are going up everyday at the moment, and there are some new laws coming out every year to amend the existing regulations on property. In Yan Tai, apartments near the city centre are better than those outside the city as they keep their values (just in case, you sell it at a later day). The pounds are so weak now, you would need to choose a good time to convert pounds into Chinese Yuan. Yan Tai is a lovely city to live in, but there would not be sufficiant info for you on the web in terms of searching the right apartment, you need to go there, it would be helpful if you speak Chinese, or have friend who can show you around. Chinese people like to buy new properties if possible, but there are more room for negociating prices on the second hand ones.

I agree with GUANs advice. I found this to be true when buying my apartment.

uk_vette Jan 6th 2010 7:36 am

Originally Posted by guans (Post 8215667)
hi

I see in 2004 pound / RNB was 16.2 rnb = £1.00
now round 11.2 rnb = £1.00

I can't see much future gains, I dont see it rising above 12 rnb for any time soon.

'vette

jennifer.tang Jul 7th 2010 8:10 am

Hi Vette,
I was wondering that are you still looking for the aparment to buy in Yantai area , if so I probably could give you a hand as some of my friends who are dealing with Real Eseate business in Yantai area.

Jenn