Braces in China

Old Jun 12th 2011, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

Allwoods Oil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Braces in China

Does anyone know if it is cost effective and/or advisable to get braces done and checked up on in China, particulary Beijing (where I'm likely to end up this summer/in future). It may be a good idea for me to get some put in at some point (though it is not urgent) and China is a place I'm likely to end up as I like teaching and have many colleagues there.

Thanks.
Old Jun 14th 2011, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

Claudia1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Braces in China

No expert but they say everything is available & competitive in China.

Good luck,

Claudia
Old Jun 14th 2011, 11:35 am
Just Joined

Thank you Claudia.
Old Jun 17th 2011, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

uk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud of

Definatly cheaper in China.

I actually quite enjoy going to the dentist in China, rather than UK.
I feel in my own mind, the dentists here are more caring.
Whether it's because they are Chinese, and you are Western, I don't know.
May be it has some thing to do with the reduced communications, when your sat in the chair.
I also like the prices.

V.
Old Jun 17th 2011, 9:07 am
Just Joined

That's very comfoting to know V. Would you be able to give me the contact info for you dentist so that I can look them up if/when I get to Beijing?

Also, I've been advised to try asking at the Beijing School of Dentistry about braces maintencance by my dentist here in Saudi as he seemed to think that that is where I'd be most likely to find a dentist who could continue his work if I go ahead and have him put in braces before I leave. However, I can't seem to find the phone number as I suspect this is a crude translation and therefore only brings up references to it in any google searching I do. I've asked a few friends there to see if they can find the Chinese name/phone numbrer, but if anybody there happens to know it would be great if you could leave the information in a post here in case my friends aren't able to find out.

Thanks again.
Old Jun 17th 2011, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

Claudia1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am certain you will receive wonderful treatment & a superb price in China.

Very best of luck,

Claudia

Originally Posted by Allwoods Oil
That's very comfoting to know V. Would you be able to give me the contact info for you dentist so that I can look them up if/when I get to Beijing?

Also, I've been advised to try asking at the Beijing School of Dentistry about braces maintencance by my dentist here in Saudi as he seemed to think that that is where I'd be most likely to find a dentist who could continue his work if I go ahead and have him put in braces before I leave. However, I can't seem to find the phone number as I suspect this is a crude translation and therefore only brings up references to it in any google searching I do. I've asked a few friends there to see if they can find the Chinese name/phone numbrer, but if anybody there happens to know it would be great if you could leave the information in a post here in case my friends aren't able to find out.

Thanks again.
Old Jun 17th 2011, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

uk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Allwoods Oil

Thanks again.
I am in Weifang.

V.