Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > China/Hong Kong
Reload this Page >

any advices for British work in Hong Kong? thanks

any advices for British work in Hong Kong? thanks

Old Oct 3rd 2011, 1:17 pm
Just Joined

moonriverdrifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default any advices for British work in Hong Kong? thanks

Hi

I am British single, planning to work in HK for the 1st time in my life, anyone is so kind to give some practical advice, such as working permit? working condition? renting a flat? any clubs, such as French club? etc, any advice would be highly appreciated!

thanks

Sissi
Old Oct 9th 2011, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

PeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud of
Default Re: any advices for British work in Hong Kong? thanks

This is not an easy question to answer when put in such general terms. What kind of job are you looking for? What sort of job experience do you have? As a British passport holder you can certainly come to Hong Kong and stay a while and look for a job but you will need a sponsor (i.e., a potential employer) to get an employment visa and you cannot work without this. Some employers may not be so interested if you do not already have HK experience but it depends on the type of job. HK is relatively expensive, especially for decent accommodation though flat shares are quite popular but staying for a couple of months to job hunt would not be cheap. I think you will get better advice if you can be more specific.
Old Oct 10th 2011, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

januarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: any advices for British work in Hong Kong? thanks

Originally Posted by moonriverdrifter
Hi

I am British single, planning to work in HK for the 1st time in my life, anyone is so kind to give some practical advice, such as working permit? working condition? renting a flat? any clubs, such as French club? etc, any advice would be highly appreciated!

thanks

Sissi
Ahh yes you will need the proper visa. Working conditions depends largely on the employer/company you will work for. Rental - depends on how long, what area etc. Local agencies may have better rates but I suspect you will need a Chinese speaking person to help you with that.

Good Luck with it all.