Cali, Colombia

Old Jun 8th 2017, 1:45 pm
Just Joined

south londoner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cali, Colombia

Does anyone live there and how much do you need to live off?
Old Jul 19th 2017, 2:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cali, Colombia

Originally Posted by south londoner
Does anyone live there and how much do you need to live off?
Depends on your circumstances, alone or with family ? Most parts of Colombia one can live comfortably on 800 pounds a month if one lives outside high-priced areas of cities.1300 pounds very comfortable.
Old Jul 19th 2017, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by morpeth
Depends on your circumstances, alone or with family ? Most parts of Colombia one can live comfortably on 800 pounds a month if one lives outside high-priced areas of cities.1300 pounds very comfortable.
I meant as a family with one child.
Old Jul 19th 2017, 3:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

I meant as a family with one child.
How old is child ? International school is terribly expensive, but local private school if you look carefully can be affordable. Depends on how you live, and go about finding place to live. 1200 pounds a month a family can live on well. I don't now Cali well but costs there not too different than the city I know, Medellin.
Old Jul 19th 2017, 3:09 pm
Just Joined

How old is child ? International school is terribly expensive, but local private school if you look carefully can be affordable. Depends on how you live, and go about finding place to live. 1200 pounds a month a family can live on well. I don't now Cali well but costs there not too different than the city I know, Medellin.
10, out of interest why did you move to Colombia?
Old Jul 19th 2017, 3:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

10, out of interest why did you move to Colombia?
Colombia has many benefits compared to other Latin American countries, though I know Medellin not Cali. Medellin has wonderful weather, on a par with parts of California or southern Italy. People friendly, generally affordable cost of living, many benefits of a first world economy as well as a third world economy. Medellin has excellent and affordable medical care. Generally cities can be much safer than other countries, though further south rural areas still not that safe for a foreigner. Growing economy, relatively stable government. It is inefficient and very bureaucratic, and one has to be patient with local culture at times. Actually I don't know anyone who has moved to Medellin and has regretted it. Watch out for schools, best to find a modest middle class private school rather than international school or private school for upper class, way too expensive !
Old Sep 15th 2017, 9:43 am
Just Joined

Colombia has many benefits compared to other Latin American countries, though I know Medellin not Cali. Medellin has wonderful weather, on a par with parts of California or southern Italy. People friendly, generally affordable cost of living, many benefits of a first world economy as well as a third world economy. Medellin has excellent and affordable medical care. Generally cities can be much safer than other countries, though further south rural areas still not that safe for a foreigner. Growing economy, relatively stable government. It is inefficient and very bureaucratic, and one has to be patient with local culture at times. Actually I don't know anyone who has moved to Medellin and has regretted it. Watch out for schools, best to find a modest middle class private school rather than international school or private school for upper class, way too expensive !
Thanks for that. I don't think I will be moving in the near future although my wife would love us to.
Old Sep 15th 2017, 8:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks for that. I don't think I will be moving in the near future although my wife would love us to.
So is your wife Colombian ?

I have been visiting Colombia for 10 years, so if you have any questions feel free to PM me.
Old Sep 25th 2017, 8:39 am
Just Joined

So is your wife Colombian ?

I have been visiting Colombia for 10 years, so if you have any questions feel free to PM me.
Thank you, I can't think of any at the moment.
We know a few Colombians who have gone back so it could be an idea in the future.