Visa query

Old May 11th 2013, 11:42 pm
Just Joined

Kemi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa query

Hi there,

I'm British and have been married to a Brazilian man since Dec 2011. We got married in the UK and moved to Brazil in Feb 2012 and have been living here since. It's a very long story but I haven't managed to sort out my permanent visa here as yet due to various reasons. I'd now like to go back home at the end of this month to visit my family and I'm wondering whether the Brazilian immigration authorities will let me back into the country when I want to come back as I am well-over my 3 month tourist visa. Has anybody had any experience with this? Do you think I'll be able to get my visa sorted out in London so I'll be able to return to Brazil after my 2 week holiday? Or is it best to speak to the Policia Federal here before I leave to sort it all out? Someone here told me to go to Buenos Aires or any other South American country and my tourist visa will automatically get renewed but I'm not sure this is the case if I'm already overdue..Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you.

Last edited by Kemi; May 11th 2013 at 11:45 pm. Reason: Would like to add something else in!
Old May 18th 2013, 3:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa query

It depends. First, you are only allowed 180 days per year in Brazil, so you are looking at over 400 days of overstay, likely more. I would guess about
3,600 reals for 400 days. That is about $1,800 U.S. I suppose. I imagine that one of two things could happen. The fact that you are married to a Brazilian may help you on your return, or hurt you. It all depends on the immigration officer you get stuck with. I you have made no effort to obtain the proper residency through marriage, it can look bad.

You can calculate your fine at the link in the following information, and print of the form to take to a bank and pay it.

Just access this PF website :

http://https://www2.dpf.gov.br/gru/gru?nac=1

UNIDADE ARRECADORA: that´s the PF post where you´ll levae Brazil

CÓDIGO DA RECEITA STN:
140414 Multa DEMORAR-SE NO TERRITORIO NACIONAL APOS ESGOTADO O PRAZO LEGAL DE ESTADA (MINIMO: R$ 8,28 - MAXIMO: R$ 827,75) 8,28

Then you just need to inform the number of days you´ve overstayed. And the programm will calculate the fine, the max. amount is R$ 827,75 !

create the GRU (payment slip) print it and then pay the fine at any bank or via internet.

Very important: Keep the reciept untill your next return to Brazil. Just in case they didn´t register the payment, then you still have a proof.

Originally Posted by Kemi
Hi there,

I'm British and have been married to a Brazilian man since Dec 2011. We got married in the UK and moved to Brazil in Feb 2012 and have been living here since. It's a very long story but I haven't managed to sort out my permanent visa here as yet due to various reasons. I'd now like to go back home at the end of this month to visit my family and I'm wondering whether the Brazilian immigration authorities will let me back into the country when I want to come back as I am well-over my 3 month tourist visa. Has anybody had any experience with this? Do you think I'll be able to get my visa sorted out in London so I'll be able to return to Brazil after my 2 week holiday? Or is it best to speak to the Policia Federal here before I leave to sort it all out? Someone here told me to go to Buenos Aires or any other South American country and my tourist visa will automatically get renewed but I'm not sure this is the case if I'm already overdue..Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you.
Old May 20th 2013, 4:55 pm
Just Joined

Kemi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa query

Thanks for your help I will look into it now!