Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Central, South America & Mexico
Reload this Page >

UK Passport for my wife (Work proposal in Ireland)

UK Passport for my wife (Work proposal in Ireland)

Old Mar 14th 2016, 11:57 pm
Just Joined

dkiel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Passport for my wife (Work proposal in Ireland)

Hi,
I am a british citizen (born in London) married for 5 years with my wife (brazilian). Now I have two kids and for sure Brazil is not where I want to raise them so I want return to UK.

I know that my two kids can have access to the british passport but it seems confusing if my wife can.

I have a job proposal to Ireland but now I do not know if I can accept it due my wife passport. For my kids it seems that 3 weeks is the required time to have the passport done.

Any clues if my wife can have the passport or any option I have to legally bring my wife with me to Ireland?

Thanks.
Daniel
Old Mar 15th 2016, 12:03 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Passport for my wife (Work proposal in Ireland)

Originally Posted by dkiel
Hi,
I am a british citizen (born in London) married for 5 years with my wife (brazilian). Now I have two kids and for sure Brazil is not where I want to raise them so I want return to UK.

I know that my two kids can have access to the british passport but it seems confusing if my wife can.

I have a job proposal to Ireland but now I do not know if I can accept it due my wife passport. For my kids it seems that 3 weeks is the required time to have the passport done.

Any clues if my wife can have the passport or any option I have to legally bring my wife with me to Ireland?

Thanks.
Daniel
Hello Daniel...welcome to BE.

Take a quick read through this...it explains the path to the UK for a non EU spouse.

Spouse Immigration-UK : British Expat Wiki

After you have read through the above...questions about moving your family to the UK would be best posted here...

Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) - British Expats
Old Mar 15th 2016, 12:34 am
Just Joined

Thanks Jersey.

Related to Income:

I have two kids born in Brazil. I know that I may get their passport in 3 weeks. Are they considered british citizen? My question is mainly to understand if I need to proof my income only for bringing my wife (£18,600 per year) or if I would need to proof for my kids as well.

Also, any idea on how long can take to complete the process for my wife?

Thanks.
Daniel
Old Mar 15th 2016, 12:35 am
Just Joined

Sorry, I will create a new post on the link you recommended.