UK Flights to Chile

Old Nov 3rd 2007, 4:58 am
Just Joined

Sasha Wilson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Flights to Chile

What is the best flight route from the UK (Heathrow or Gatwick) to Santiago/Valparaiso in Chile, please? I have heard about UK to Spain/Madrid and then Madrid to Chile/Santiago but am put off the very long second part of the journey. Also, I want to avoid the States.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 9:57 pm
Just Joined

matttheboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK Flights to Chile

Your best bet is BA which flies with a 1-2 hour wait on the plane in Sao Paulo and then an actual change in Buenos Aires-cheapest i've found was in the £800 region return though.

Another option is TAM with a change in Sao Paulo. The cheapest flight i found was £560 return which is a big difference and probably worth the fact that TAM's planes are a bit crappy.

Iberia also flies that route, Air France sometimes has ok deals, i think lufthansa comes over this way as well. all the US airlines obviously route through the US.

If possible, avoid a change of plane in Sao Paulo of more than 2-3 hours as it's a truly horrible airport, by far the worst i've been to in South America in terms of comfort, facilities and just knowing where the hell you're supposed to board your plane...if you can't avoid a long stopover then make sure you have some brazilian money with you as i've never seen a cash point there and the small cafes (there's no other kind) usually refuse to take dollars.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 3:09 pm
Just Joined

Sasha Wilson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK Flights to Chile

Thank you for your reply Matttheboy. I was really just enquiring about the journey with the least amount of hassle and equally divided if possible. Is there any way we can correspond without going through this messageboard?