Panama

Old Dec 26th 2007, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

Sue T is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Panama

Originally Posted by Redlippie
Once you've posted 3 times I can pm you somewhere you can get a heckuva lot of great info - I investigated Panama extensively as a destination for my S.AFrican in-laws.
Redlippie, you've caught our attention. We're British having lived in SA for 33 years and now looking to retire in Panama.

We're in the research stage so would appreciate any info you could share with us
Old Jan 11th 2008, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

bexter is a jewel in the roughbexter is a jewel in the roughbexter is a jewel in the roughbexter is a jewel in the roughbexter is a jewel in the rough

Hi

Whaere are the best places to look to get publishing jobs in Panama? Does anyone know any contacts on here? Which sites would I look at?

Old Jan 11th 2008, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

Babbsy is an unknown quantity at this point

Solid question. I would like to know about any accounting or finance recruiters as well.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 2:31 am
Forum Regular

Cherr1980 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by bexter
Hi

Whaere are the best places to look to get publishing jobs in Panama? Does anyone know any contacts on here? Which sites would I look at?

Do you mean like a publishing house for books or marketing? There are not many, and they are not big...but I can try to get you some info...
Old Jan 15th 2008, 2:32 am

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sue T
Redlippie, you've caught our attention. We're British having lived in SA for 33 years and now looking to retire in Panama.

We're in the research stage so would appreciate any info you could share with us
Post another couple of times and then I can pm you a really good site to go and ask questions at

Sorry, only saw it now.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

bexter is a jewel in the roughbexter is a jewel in the roughbexter is a jewel in the roughbexter is a jewel in the roughbexter is a jewel in the rough

Yes, books, magazine publishing - English language. I don't speak Spanish yet.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bexter
Yes, books, magazine publishing - English language. I don't speak Spanish yet.
Well you are aware that Panama's official language in Spanish right?

English speaking only I really doubt but with so many new Europeans and Americans over there who knows...I do know that there are many web-publishing in English that's for sure, I have a friend of mine who works in escape artist...I am still waiting for an answer of the person that published a book and see if can give me an idea.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

Okay, so in Panama there is not really like a "publishing house", when you want to publish a book you go to an "imprenta" or a place where they do the actual printing of the book...you in your own must hire an editor and an artist/photographer for the art part.

But I got some tips...you can check out for Universal Books in Panama, they publish in English as well. Their site is under construction apparently but you can get in contact with them with the Chamber of Commerce...the rest are in Spanish...unless they are new ones that my contact those not know about, but she has published already two books.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 7:36 am
Just Joined

driverer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Redlippie
Once you've posted 3 times I can pm you somewhere you can get a heckuva lot of great info - I investigated Panama extensively as a destination for my S.AFrican in-laws.
HI redlippie - Can you help us out also with any Panama info - we are going over in April to look for a property - Thanks
Old Feb 13th 2008, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

Panama Lady is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Panama

Originally Posted by driverer
HI redlippie - Can you help us out also with any Panama info - we are going over in April to look for a property - Thanks
Hi Driverer,

What is it that you want to know about Panama? Do you want to know names of real estate agents or general info of the country? I can refer you to one or two excellent real estate companies if you want. Also, I know of somebody who is selling a great apartment right in the city centre of Panama.

I am a Panamanian living in England but visit Panama often, so I am aware of everything that is going on over there.

Panama Lady
Old Feb 14th 2008, 8:41 am
Just Joined

driverer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Panama Lady
Hi Driverer,

What is it that you want to know about Panama? Do you want to know names of real estate agents or general info of the country? I can refer you to one or two excellent real estate companies if you want. Also, I know of somebody who is selling a great apartment right in the city centre of Panama.

I am a Panamanian living in England but visit Panama often, so I am aware of everything that is going on over there.

Panama Lady
Thanks for the quick response Panama Lady - Yes we are looking for recommendations for Estate Agents / Realtors and any other useful info - we have not visited Panama before but are very interested. We would also like details of the apartment that you know of for sale. If you can please send a private message with an email address and we will make direct contact - Best wishes - Kevin (Driverer)
Old Feb 14th 2008, 9:06 pm
Just Joined

Panama Lady is an unknown quantity at this point

With this post I can then pm you with the info you are looking for.

Cheers
Panama Lady
Old Mar 17th 2008, 1:57 am
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rubber101
Hi
We are looking for any information on Panama & what it may be like to live & work there.
We are a family of 4 ( 2 teenagers) searching for a new life & are looking for the best investment & future prospects to relocate.
If anyone out there can give us an insight to Panama it would be much appreciated.
Thanks All
Lainey
Have a look at this site, it is hosted in Panama. Once you plough through the advertising, it has some useful information. I am currently working in Canada and have noticed that Panama is becoming a top retirement destination for Canadians and Americans. Very tax friendly country for expats.

www.escapeartist.com

Good luck
Old Jun 24th 2008, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

Nicks is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, no one has posted in sometime so i thought i should say a few words.

I am swedish, married to a panamanian girl, and have been living here since 1997.

Panama has changed tremendously since i came here, there is a construction boom going on for the last 5 years, at this time, its mostly venezuelansd and colombians buying since the US has had problem with the real estate market. There is not too many europeans buying since its quite far to travel, and only KLM and Iberia has direct flights.

There are basicly three kinds of buyers: those looking for, beach, mountain, or city living. All has its benefits, if you want to make a good deal, look for mountain, since city and beach property is getting very expensive. Not expensive for panamanians, i am talking miami and almost european prices for a modern highrise or beach comunity villa.

Panama is a greate place to live for a forigner IF you retired in my opnion, or have a income from out side panama. Its very hard for a forigner to get a work permit in panama, without being married to a local. And even if you are, the job contract only lasts a year, since its attached to your work permit, which only lasts 1 year at the time. If you are not married to a local, then you need to get a company to sponser you, and the company has the right to have 10% of its workforce being forigner. You would have to compete with colombians, and other latins, who do speak the language fully. And talking about languages, with only english, you will hardly get by, you need basic spanish. Sure, lawers and real estate agents speak english, but, the cashier in the bank, the supermarket girl, the nurse, even doctors dont speak english that much. So basic spanish is important. Another important thing about work, is salarie. Average family income in panama city, is about $700 a month. $1500 is considered well paid. Rent for a 2 bedroom condo in San fransisco will cost you anywhere between 500 and 800 bucks. Add about 350 for supermarket a month for 2 grown ups, buying a mix of imported and local foods, wine etc. utlities, electricity, water will run you about $100, depending on how much you use the AC. Taxes on yiour salary is about 25%. So of the $1500, there not much left in the end.

Schools are fine, at least the private ones, and like somone mentioned, not expensive.

I suggest you come here, rent for a few months, come in the wet season, everyone knows what the sun is like, few people know what tropical rain is, intresting experience

nick
Old Jun 24th 2008, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

rubber101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Panama

Hi Nick,
Thanks for your reply ,as i did not get any feedback that really could help us make a decision,we decided to stay in england for the present time. Now due to a couple of things ,firstly we are selling our property in Cyprus (we even advertised it for sale or swap) but the housing market is suffering here in the uk due to the credit crunch,so we realized we will have to ride the storm as they say,secondly we have two teenage sons and we think that in another year or so hopefully they will have settled more .
At that point in time we could then let the boys get on with their lives and we should be able to leave the uk, but hey if things change here quicker then i will not hesitate to contact you again.
Once again thanks for taking time out to reply ,till later take care & all the best
Craig.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.