Moving To Uruguay in September

Old Sep 24th 2009, 8:47 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving To Uruguay in September

Originally Posted by cardhappy
if you know of a good wine to buy at the supermarket from uruguay that would be appreciated! tried too many bad ones!
I drink wine but I`m no expert but Chile is the country in South America with the best reputation, so maybe something imported from there.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 4:37 am
Just Joined

cardhappy is an unknown quantity at this point

so are you living in mvd?
Old Sep 25th 2009, 9:21 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

so are you living in mvd?
No I don`t live in Uruguay but I remember Montevideo really well, because the retro feel of the place made a lasting impression on me.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

retro is a good way of describing it!
Old Sep 25th 2009, 2:26 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

retro is a good way of describing it!
Its retro, in kind of a good way but of course if you don`t like quiet then its going to be a problem. Buenos Aires on the other hand is like a world away.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

actually i think this is the place for me right now. i like the calm, especially after 7 months in rio. going to give this place a good try, see if it can be long term
Old Sep 26th 2009, 8:08 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

actually i think this is the place for me right now. i like the calm, especially after 7 months in rio. going to give this place a good try, see if it can be long term
I`ve never been to Rio or even Brazil but I imagine Montevideo must be a world away from Rio.

Do you work in Uruguay? Also do you speak Spanish?
Old Sep 26th 2009, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

yes i have moved here to set up a new office - sadly the spanish at present is very little, though have made some progress in sorting out a private teacher to assist.

I want to get to punte del este from here, i dont want to drive though, is there a decent standard bus or is it a taxi job?
Old Sep 26th 2009, 9:05 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

yes i have moved here to set up a new office - sadly the spanish at present is very little, though have made some progress in sorting out a private teacher to assist.

I want to get to punte del este from here, i dont want to drive though, is there a decent standard bus or is it a taxi job?
Its definately by bus and I think something around 1hr 30 mins journey. As you probably know, bus trips there are dirt cheap and its something like $10-12 for a return. Also the main bus station is not in the centre and if I remember correctly, its out in the direction of the Estadio Centenario.
Old Sep 26th 2009, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

great yes found the site with the bus - looks good for a weekend - i love punta, but prefer out of season. You can get a very good quality hotel for a decent price
Old Sep 28th 2009, 9:17 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

great yes found the site with the bus - looks good for a weekend - i love punta, but prefer out of season. You can get a very good quality hotel for a decent price
Being in the property business what surprised me, were the high property prices in Punta compared to other SA countries, admittedly the country has a stability so that would affect them , also Punta is a great location.

I`ve only ever seen it out of season, so can`t say what it`s like in season.