Moving to Chile

Old Jul 3rd 2019, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

Mannyellis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Chile

Hello,
I am new here, so please forgive me if these questions have already been answered...

I am looking to retire to La Serena sometime over the next 5 years, but would like to by some land there and build a house.

Does anyone have any recomendations for Lawyers for both property and Retirement Visa aplications.

I am in a relationship with a Chilean Lady that lives in La Serena and has land, and we are looking to purchase the land next to hers in order to build our home.

Also, the easiest way to get a Bank Account in Chile.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you, and regards.
Old Jul 4th 2019, 2:59 am
BE Enthusiast

dfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Chile

I’ve been living in Santiago since 1998, and am sure you’ll enjoy your retirement here. A US friend of mine has just completed getting his visa and is retired. As always, there’s the usual form filling, production of documents, but the immigration system does work well here, it jut takes patience; you’ll get it. There is a very good and proven service offered by a company who handle immigration start to finish, property buying and selling, but I dont think I’m allowed to give names on this forum. it’s run by a US man and his lawyer wife, so no language problems there. If you go to “allchile.net” that’s his page. If not, then please PM me and I’ll give it to you.( You need to do 3 posts on here, before you can send a PM) . Once you do that, I can give you my email address in case I can help further.
If your wife already owns land here, that’s one hurdle done, assuming you are allowed to build on it. Contracting builders , like in other countries, can be risky, and unless you are specifically recommended to one, you stand a good chance of being ripped off . If it were me, I’d sell the land and buy an existing house, as at least you can see what it is you are buying. You’ve been warned !
Getting a normal bank account as a new resident , is virtually impossible. What is available to anyone though is a “ cuenta RUT” at Banco Estado. Check out how it works when you are here.