Mexico Trip

Old Mar 30th 2009, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

London Pete is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mexico Trip

Currently planning a 4 week trip to Mexico to spend with my Mexican girlfriend there. She has 2 weeks holiday that she can take when I am there and in these two weeks plan to to the following itinery:

Mexico City, Cuidad Hidalgo, Morelia, Patzcauro, Queretaro, Guanajuato, Lake Chapala, Guadalajara, Puerto Vallarta and then go north to Mazatlan and then finally Hermosillo where she lives. Final 2 weeks I would spend there and doing excursions from there etc. Does anybody know the above places and would it be possible to see them in 2 weeks or would this be pushing it? Most seem quite close on the map but I know this can be deceiving and hopefully we would travel by hire car.

Also any other places worth seeing in these areas or an alternative suggested itinery that could fit into 2 weeks.
Old Mar 30th 2009, 2:38 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mexico Trip

Originally Posted by London Pete
Currently planning a 4 week trip to Mexico to spend with my Mexican girlfriend there. She has 2 weeks holiday that she can take when I am there and in these two weeks plan to to the following itinery:

Mexico City, Cuidad Hidalgo, Morelia, Patzcauro, Queretaro, Guanajuato, Lake Chapala, Guadalajara, Puerto Vallarta and then go north to Mazatlan and then finally Hermosillo where she lives. Final 2 weeks I would spend there and doing excursions from there etc. Does anybody know the above places and would it be possible to see them in 2 weeks or would this be pushing it? Most seem quite close on the map but I know this can be deceiving and hopefully we would travel by hire car.

Also any other places worth seeing in these areas or an alternative suggested itinery that could fit into 2 weeks.
don't know if it is in the general areas you've mentioned.

but the CHEPE ride from El Feurte to Divisadero is world class...... plus it puts you right at the heart of the breathtaking copper canyon.

http://www.chepe.com.mx/ing_html/index.html
Old Mar 30th 2009, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Manc
don't know if it is in the general areas you've mentioned.

but the CHEPE ride from El Feurte to Divisadero is world class...... plus it puts you right at the heart of the breathtaking copper canyon.

http://www.chepe.com.mx/ing_html/index.html
Yes know about this ride and when I am in Hermosillo hopefully will be able to do it
Old Apr 5th 2009, 12:48 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by London Pete

I know only Mexico City and its surrounds, Guadalajara and Puero Vallarta. For example I spent 5 days in Mexico city and its environs and I still ran out of time. I think that you could probably manage the centre of Mexico City and a few other things in 3 days but to see all the places that you have listed within 2 weeks I very much doubt it, 3 weeks and you could do it comfortably. Things to bear in mind is that trains don`t really exist as such in Mexico so unless travelling by plane, car or bus your options are limited. One good thing though, is that the highways by latin american standards are very good and good advice is to stick to the tolls motorways as they are a lot safer to travel on. Guadalajara is a must, its so authentically Mexican and Puerto Vallarta musn`t be missed its a jewel.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
I know only Mexico City and its surrounds, Guadalajara and Puero Vallarta. For example I spent 5 days in Mexico city and its environs and I still ran out of time. I think that you could probably manage the centre of Mexico City and a few other things in 3 days but to see all the places that you have listed within 2 weeks I very much doubt it, 3 weeks and you could do it comfortably. Things to bear in mind is that trains don`t really exist as such in Mexico so unless travelling by plane, car or bus your options are limited. One good thing though, is that the highways by latin american standards are very good and good advice is to stick to the tolls motorways as they are a lot safer to travel on. Guadalajara is a must, its so authentically Mexican and Puerto Vallarta musn`t be missed its a jewel.
We will be travelling by car and after speaking to my girlfriend she feels 3 weeks is being optimistic to see all. Thanks for the advice.