Marriage in Mexico

Old Dec 4th 2015, 5:25 pm
Just Joined

gdl_brit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Marriage in Mexico

Hi guys,

I'm a British male and my fiance is Mexican, and I'm currently in London gathering the documents I need to get married in Guadalajara, Jalisco. I have a few questions and worries that I'd like to iron out if that's ok:
  1. I have certified original copies of my birth certificate and certificate of no impediment, as well as a certified copy of a statutory declaration I had to get for a name change. These aren't originals as I'd like to keep them safe, but they are copies that have been certified and will be legalised/translated. Is this accepted?
  2. I went to my doctor and he had never heard of a prenuncial certificate, and I need one of these to state my blood type and that I'm HIV free. Can I get this done in Mexico? If so, will it need to be legalised and can I legalise it in Mexico?
  3. Actually, can I legalise all my documents at the British Embassy in Mexico?
  4. Similarly, can I translate my documents to Spanish in Mexico, or does the translation need to be done in the UK?
  5. If I get a legalised and certified original copy of a document translated to Spanish, do I then need to legalise the translated document too? Can this be done in Mexico?
  6. I have a newly renewed passport, do I need to do anything with it like legalise or translate it? (might be a silly question but I'm in panic mode!).
  7. Have I missed anything else that I need to get done in the UK?

Many thanks!
Old Dec 4th 2015, 7:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

CelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marriage in Mexico

Originally Posted by gdl_brit
Hi guys,

I'm a British male and my fiance is Mexican, and I'm currently in London gathering the documents I need to get married in Guadalajara, Jalisco. I have a few questions and worries that I'd like to iron out if that's ok:
  1. I have certified original copies of my birth certificate and certificate of no impediment, as well as a certified copy of a statutory declaration I had to get for a name change. These aren't originals as I'd like to keep them safe, but they are copies that have been certified and will be legalised/translated. Is this accepted?
  2. I went to my doctor and he had never heard of a prenuncial certificate, and I need one of these to state my blood type and that I'm HIV free. Can I get this done in Mexico? If so, will it need to be legalised and can I legalise it in Mexico?
  3. Actually, can I legalise all my documents at the British Embassy in Mexico?
  4. Similarly, can I translate my documents to Spanish in Mexico, or does the translation need to be done in the UK?
  5. If I get a legalised and certified original copy of a document translated to Spanish, do I then need to legalise the translated document too? Can this be done in Mexico?
  6. I have a newly renewed passport, do I need to do anything with it like legalise or translate it? (might be a silly question but I'm in panic mode!).
  7. Have I missed anything else that I need to get done in the UK?

Many thanks!

Mexico Law Marriage in Mexico