Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Central, South America & Mexico
Reload this Page >

Getting married and moving to Mexico (Brit)

Getting married and moving to Mexico (Brit)

Old Jan 24th 2014, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

morphey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Getting married and moving to Mexico (Brit)

Hi Guys,

I looked through the forum and found one thread that had some answers to my questions but it is now closed.

Info:
Fiancée is Mexican
I am British

We have decided that we are getting married in July this year, i understand that it is important to get a:

Superintendent Registrar's Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage Pursuant to the Marriage With Foreigners Act 1906 certificate. so it is legalized in the United kingdom as well.

My question is about visas. i have looked in to them and i am struggling to work out what visa i would need to apply for (and how) if i was to stay there permanently. my fiancée has been offered a job there but i have not and will be reliant on my fiancée for funding until i find a job. we have savings and the job she will be taking will be well paid so that is not a problem.

I looked on the Mexican embassy site and a little confused. Any help would be great.
Old Jan 25th 2014, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

feldr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Getting married and moving to Mexico (Brit)

better to call the consulate office(next door) and speak to the consular officer, ( Griszelda)