Dog help in Costa Rica

Old Oct 20th 2009, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

buddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nice
Default Dog help in Costa Rica

I will try to make a long story short. I was staying in Costa Rica this summer, and found an abandoned puppy by the side of the road. I took her in, got her shots, and she was my faithful companion for the months I was there.
Problem is trying to export her to Dubai, all paperwork was in order, last minute Dubai authorities deny an entry permit.
Tica (doggies name) is now at the AHHPP shelter in Heredia, Costa Rica.
I have been emailing the shelter owner, regarding her rabies test. (What she needs to be exported)

As of last week, all was fine, we are sending money for her care and all expenses for her tests.
Today, I receive an email stating regulations have changed and they cant do the test. All they have to do is draw blood and send it to a lab in the States. Wait for results and prepare export papers.

My problem. I need a representative in CR to help me sort this out.
Do you know anyone who volunteers at this shelter? Are there any animal lovers who can help me out here?
I am grasping at straws, and can and will provide more detais if necessary.
Terribly sorry for the long post,...if anyone can help me and Tica in any way, please let me now Thank you so much..........Mary B.