Brazil?

Old Dec 28th 2004, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

styles is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brazil?

hi everyone, basically i want to know anything about brazil especially rio de Janiero, i would like to know wether it is a safe place, quality of resorts, price of property, cheap food and booze(nightlife), anything anyone can help me with would be more than appreicated. I am getting ready to fly out there and i want to know more before i go so i can consider wether i can fully relocate.
Any help will be paid back in kind(beer) if the person lives near rio,
thanks everyone

gareth

[email protected]
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud of
Wink Re: Brazil?

Originally Posted by styles
hi everyone, basically i want to know anything about brazil especially rio de Janiero, i would like to know wether it is a safe place, quality of resorts, price of property, cheap food and booze(nightlife), anything anyone can help me with would be more than appreicated. I am getting ready to fly out there and i want to know more before i go so i can consider wether i can fully relocate.
Any help will be paid back in kind(beer) if the person lives near rio,
thanks everyone

gareth

[email protected]
Gareth Hi,

Its been about 6 years ago since I bussed it round South America anticlockwise for 7 weeks. Brazil is the largest country there and its Portugese of course that is spoken, very little English is known at all. Rio is pleasant and the beaches are lit up at night in an effort to stop crime. The underground train service is fine and prices are a bit cheaper than the UK. I spent about a fiver on a 5 day trip down the Amazon sleeping on a hammock strung along next to other passengers, that's including meals. (You need to like spagheti and rice) I liked Rio, it has a buz to it and it feels good. I survived on "Bacon cheese burgers" whilst I was there if i remember correctly. Pick-pockets and petty crime is a major issue, wear zipped pocket trousers and walk with other people around. The Varig airlines are not expensive and necessary to cross the huge areas of forest between major cities. Why Brazil, the Portugese language is one of the most difficult to learn. You could choose other South American countries and learn the easier Spanish? If you go to Rio, make a point of visiting one of the dance schools where you'll be whisked up to the Directors table and treated like royalty. They could even offer you a place to dance with them in the carnival and measure you for a costume.........happened to me!