Old Nov 23rd 2010, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

MILNGAVIE is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Argentina: Obtaining Residence and DNI

Originally Posted by geoffreybrooks
MILNGAVIE

I am assuming you are in BsAs.

If you have been waiting months for your DNI
Well after months and months of waiting I received what I wasn't expecting. A document to say my application was unsuccessful due to not having permanent residency.

So my wife and I had to go the 100 miles to immigration in BA to get more information....which is a right pain as it's a three and a half hour bus journey. After ages queuing despite my wife showing her Vice Consul ID we were told that my permanent residency is all in order and that some twat in the DNI office in La Plata made a monumental cock-up.
So......yet another delay while I have to go through the whole flippin' application process again although a note has been attached to fast track it. (seems that it is not possible for immigration just to give the DNI office the nod that everything is okay and for them to issue my DNI).
I can't believe that a simple process can be turned into a pantomime....especially as my application is as straightforward as they come.
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

geoffreybrooks is just really nicegeoffreybrooks is just really nicegeoffreybrooks is just really nicegeoffreybrooks is just really nicegeoffreybrooks is just really nicegeoffreybrooks is just really nicegeoffreybrooks is just really nicegeoffreybrooks is just really nice

Today Friday 3 December 2010 I went to the Registro Civil at Juyuy 474 to complain that OCA had not delivered my DNI during the fifteen days promised.

I was sent to the smaller of the two offices fronting Juyuy and after a brief wait my DNI (booklet and plastic card) were handed over against my production of Constancia and passport.

Thus a priority(!) applicant had to wait only five months from the actual confirmation of permanent residence to the receipt of the DNI.

This Saga is terminated.
Old Dec 5th 2010, 1:13 am
Forum Regular

MILNGAVIE is an unknown quantity at this point

I have finally got mine sorted out although my wife and I had to use avenues that are not normally available to the ordinary man in the street.
It also uncovered a list of lies and incompetence so long it's no wonder the whole process has been a nightmare.