Advice Needed - Moving to Mexico City

Old Apr 1st 2009, 5:12 pm
Just Joined

Pinot Noir is just really nicePinot Noir is just really nicePinot Noir is just really nicePinot Noir is just really nicePinot Noir is just really nicePinot Noir is just really nicePinot Noir is just really nicePinot Noir is just really nicePinot Noir is just really nice
Default Advice Needed - Moving to Mexico City

I will be relocating to Mexico City with my family in the next couple of months. We have just returned from a 'look see' visit, looking at areas to live and schools for the kids etc. The area we are thinking of living is either Polanco or Inter Lomas, with Greengates being our school of choice. Does anybody have any info or advice on these two areas and the school? Are there any other nice areas north or to the west of the city worth looking at? We are budgeting around 4000 USD/month rent and preferably a gated community or an apartment block with security.

We are keen and excited, if a little apprehensive about our move, so any other advice or information on moving to Mexico City, good or bad, will be gratefully received.

Thanks!
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 1:28 am
Just Joined

sweetiemeli is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Advice Needed - Moving to Mexico City

Hello,
I think those areas are quite nice/exclusive areas of the city. Both of them are quite good. I donĀ“t Know you can check aswell Coyoacan if its your first time in Mexico you should check there too. I think you might like it, you can find nice houses on those areas. There are another places like col. napoles nearby from the World trade Center at Insurgentes, Col del Valle, hmm San Angel which is on the south of the city. You have plenty of options actually. Good Luck with the house hunting.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

Pinot Noir is just really nicePinot Noir is just really nicePinot Noir is just really nicePinot Noir is just really nicePinot Noir is just really nicePinot Noir is just really nicePinot Noir is just really nicePinot Noir is just really nicePinot Noir is just really nice

Thanks for that. Will look into those areas which are north or to the west of the city. It's easier for my work and the kids school.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 12:23 am
Just Joined

Ticho is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah polanco is a nice area and also a nice area and quite exspensive is Paseo de la reforma at the chapultepec end,has got great houses with alot of security.not too sure about the schools though but judging by the area i would have thought they were really good.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 2:33 pm
Just Joined

Does anyone have any advice on Inter Lomas, specifically Frondoso Towers? Looks like a nice place!