Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Central, South America & Mexico
Reload this Page >

6 Months in Mexico. Where would you go?

6 Months in Mexico. Where would you go?

Old Nov 8th 2013, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

crazyhands is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up 6 Months in Mexico. Where would you go?

I'm heading to Mexico on the 28th December. My girlfriend and I are looking to stayfor about 3 - 6 months.

Having never been there I am looking for some advice on where in Mexico would be good to base ourselves during this time.

We arrive in Cancun and intend on staying in the Yucatan peninsula area. Our flight was only booked for convenience and is flexible so we can change in necessary.

Any suggestion / experiences on where to base ourselves for this time would be great.

We would like somewhere remote but on the edge of civilization if we want to go have fun. By the beach or in the Jungle would be perfect. We will also be exploring the country but would like to centralize ourselves somewhere and venture out from there.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 6 Months in Mexico. Where would you go?

Hi,I live in Merida Yucatan ,its a nice city much bigger than Cancun.We have beaches here ,not as nice as the Cancun side but still good and cheap.We are near all the ruins ,cenotes and a little less touristy than Cancun in my opinion.All depends on what you are looking for.