Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Cayman Islands
Reload this Page >

Visitor permits - finding a job

Visitor permits - finding a job

Old Jun 24th 2013, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

Sorayray is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visitor permits - finding a job

Hi all

I am currently searching for a role from the UK to start this September as I will be moving out to GC with my boyfriend who has secured a job at EY.
I am very aware of how difficult this is going to be as I am non qualified so to speak (background in sales, currently in a teaching assistant post)
I have spoken to recruiters, applied for a couple of roles (unsuccessfully, one at a school, the other at RCIPS) and am honestly starting to feel a little worried now as I anticipate it being just as hard when we move over.

My question really is if anyone has been in this situation, what amount of time do you have to leave the island for after the initial 30days, before you can return again?

Thanks.
Old Jun 25th 2013, 1:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visitor permits - finding a job

Always looking for Food and Beverage workers. Have you tried the hotels - Ritz Carlton, Westin. You need to be qualified I would think to at least degree level to be able to secure a job over a Caymanian employee in the office environment.
Whilst you are on island you can request an extension, perhaps they will give you another 4 weeks. Dress smart, be able to show access to funds and credit cards and be very polite.
Old Jun 25th 2013, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

Sorayray is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks. Just looking for info about how long I have to leave for before returning.
Old Jun 25th 2013, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think there is a set amount of time, so therefore it is up to the officer at the desk how long to admit you for. When I was having permit issues I just flew to Miami - spent the weekend and came back in but I was awaiting my work permit and this was a while ago.