Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Cayman Islands
Reload this Page >

Visa application for Colombian girlfriend

Visa application for Colombian girlfriend

Old Apr 29th 2013, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

RojoPhelan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa application for Colombian girlfriend

Hi, I'm hoping to be moving to the Caymans soon, I've been approved for a work permit and am interviewing for accounting positions. My girlfriend is Colombian and she needs to apply for a visa to enter the island, however a requirement is that we provide an address that we'll be staying at. Does anybody have any recommendations of a cheap hostel/B&B that I could provisionally book a room and also use for the visa application. Also if anyone has any knowledge of the visa application process and has any advice....it would be much appreciated....thanks.
Old May 1st 2013, 2:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa application for Colombian girlfriend

Originally Posted by RojoPhelan
Hi, I'm hoping to be moving to the Caymans soon, I've been approved for a work permit and am interviewing for accounting positions. My girlfriend is Colombian and she needs to apply for a visa to enter the island, however a requirement is that we provide an address that we'll be staying at. Does anybody have any recommendations of a cheap hostel/B&B that I could provisionally book a room and also use for the visa application. Also if anyone has any knowledge of the visa application process and has any advice....it would be much appreciated....thanks.
Rojo. There's something wrong with your story. Work Permits are issued to and in the name of employers, not employees, so how could you be "approved for a WP" before you have a job? And incidentally, is your girlfriend coming as a tourist/visitor, or will she be looking for a job too?
Old May 1st 2013, 6:21 am
Just Joined

Hi Gordon, thanks for getting back to me. I have a 6 month contract with a temping agency and they have applied and been approved for a work permit for me. They're looking for a permanent position for me at the moment or if they feel there is enough temporary positions, they will send for me then.

My girlfriend will be coming as a tourist/visitor and will then start looking for a job. I'll be writing a letter for her advising that I'll be acting as her guarantor and hopefully this will buy her some extra time. She has a lot of experience working in hotels and speaks three languages, so we're hopeful that she'll be successful.
Old May 1st 2013, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

You have to stay at Annie's Place - she is just fabulous...
Old May 3rd 2013, 6:38 am
Just Joined

Thanks Orangepants, it looks nice I'll give it some thought. Has anybody else got any experience of applying for visa for a Colombian or another nationality.....is it difficult are they extremely strict?