Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Cayman Islands
Reload this Page >

UK nurse wanting to move to Cayman Islands

UK nurse wanting to move to Cayman Islands

Old Jun 25th 2013, 10:40 am
Just Joined

KeevaUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK nurse wanting to move to Cayman Islands

Hi all,

I am an Irish nurse who has working in the UK for a year and a half.. My friend and I are considering moving to GC in the next few months hopefully.

I would be grateful for any information on nursing and is it hard to get a job/work permit?

Thankyou
Old Jun 30th 2013, 12:02 am
BE Enthusiast

anuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud of
Default Re: UK nurse wanting to move to Cayman Islands

They would give preference to folks from CARICOM, Jamaica which supplies a lot of nurses to American hospitals. The nurses from there would get first option.
Old Jun 30th 2013, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

They are building a Shetty hospital so there will be demand for a lot of medical staff in the near future. Email them at [email protected] or phone 1- (345) - 769-2273.
Work permit - not difficult to get if you are qualified - the employer does it all.
Good luck - great time to secure employment whilst they are still building. I lived there for 14 years - loved it.
Old Jun 30th 2013, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

Airborne_Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Its good to see that this type of thread has been started, I was also thinking of the Cayman Islands as a Registered Nurse, I see that nurses also have NMC as their professional body so thst would be a lot easier to get through red tape. Id be a single income family of four though so not sure how affordable this would be needing 3 bedroom accomodation.
Old Jun 30th 2013, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Airborne_Dan
Its good to see that this type of thread has been started, I was also thinking of the Cayman Islands as a Registered Nurse, I see that nurses also have NMC as their professional body so thst would be a lot easier to get through red tape. Id be a single income family of four though so not sure how affordable this would be needing 3 bedroom accomodation.
According to policy, work-permit holders who earn more than CI$3,000 a month are eligible to be considered to add one dependant to their permits.

For each dependant that the work-permit holder would want to add, he or she would have to earn an additional $500 per month in salary. So you'd need to earn at least $4K CI a month, which is $5K USD.

Probably get a three bed for CI$1600-$2000 a month. Factor in school fees as well!
Old Jun 30th 2013, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

Ok cheers orange pants, dont suppose you have any idea what a full time nurse would get roughly do you?
Old Jun 30th 2013, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Airborne_Dan
Ok cheers orange pants, dont suppose you have any idea what a full time nurse would get roughly do you?
No idea but you could call the Human resources dept of the Cayman Health Service or email them - [email protected].
Realistically you'd need to earn at least $75K USD and you wouldn't be living large - what age are your children? - you can't use state schools and fees are expensive.
Old Jul 1st 2013, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

Kids are 8 and 2 but I wouldnt be looking at going til next year as im still in the army and have to give a years notice
Old Jul 1st 2013, 2:31 am
Forum Regular

Kids are 8 and 2 but I wouldnt be looking at going til next year as im still in the army and have to give a years notice