Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Cayman Islands
Reload this Page >

Help! Advise on how to get Accountancy jobs in Cayman Island whilst base UK?

Help! Advise on how to get Accountancy jobs in Cayman Island whilst base UK?

Old Nov 12th 2013, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

Ola2014 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help! Advise on how to get Accountancy jobs in Cayman Island whilst base UK?

Help! Advise on how to get Accountancy jobs in Cayman Island whilst base in the UK? Open to IT, Telecoms and Banking employment opportunities that suits my skills and experience set. I'm seeking to be in Cayman Island for 2years and possible remain for up to 5years before returning to London, UK.

I'm ACMA-CIMA Chartered Management Accountant with Technology and Telecoms London, UK experience within multinational companies and looking for new Commercial Finance Managerial employment opportunities in Cayman Island. I would also consider other relevant jobs in other sectors such as Banking based on my transferable skills and experience.

In London, UK a typical ICT/Telecoms industry ACMA Accountant earns total salary and bonus package of £63kpa means a 40% income tax payers category. I am aware there is little income tax in Cayman Island. So, I assume earnings would be in the region of $95kpa proxy but one gets to keep the vast majority of the income as take home pay.

I assume the big challenge is applying for working visa pre/post getting a job. I'm ready to make the move to Cayman Island by Feb14 at the latest. I intend to send CV's direct to relevant companies on the island and see what opportunities come from there. I'm also considering using reputable recruitment agencies but I don't know which ones are most reputable?

I'm aware KPMG and other Top 4 practise are based out there so I was thinking I could apply through them too.

All relevant advice will be very much appreciated.

Cheers!
Old Nov 13th 2013, 3:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help! Advise on how to get Accountancy jobs in Cayman Island whilst base UK?

There is no income tax - the only deductions may be health premium (for family members) and a deduction for pension contribution.
Do exactly as you stated - the big accountancy firms and recruitment agencies. The company I worked for used Stepping Stones. Use LinkedIn.
They offer you the job then they apply for the work permit. A lot of people are recruited off island so it isn't unusual.
Good luck.
Old Nov 14th 2013, 5:35 am
BE Enthusiast

anuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud of
Default Re: Help! Advise on how to get Accountancy jobs in Cayman Island whilst base UK?

The financial sector; specially the hedge funds are shrinking. Your best bet is to look at Caribbean branches of U.K based firms. For you to expect 95k, you have to be well versed with GAAP.