Covid update

Old Apr 5th 2021, 8:32 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid update

Well the uk is over 50% of population now so you cant say old now, but i do believe doing the most infirm old and vunerable first was right. Simply because they die of it more often, and they cause the hospitals to be over-run, so it was a sensible choice. remember, the uk is now where almost all over 65's have had 2 shots, and the hospitals are now empty. Deaths still occuring but these are younger not innoculated - or contracted it before innoculation took hold in them.
Old Apr 5th 2021, 8:33 pm

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

Also these people were being imprisoned - they were isolating for long periods which is very sad - vaccination has freed them.

Vaccination has also allowed the NHS to get on with its day jobs - dealing with all the other ailments..
Old Apr 5th 2021, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uk_grenada
Also these people were being imprisoned - they were isolating for long periods which is very sad - vaccination has freed them.
If I can make a small joke, Grenada... That's what I'm afraid of!
Old Apr 5th 2021, 8:44 pm

Well yes, but it’s true, and they are all still alive so far as we can tell. Those in care homes were pretty much locked up and there were court cases about it, but it’s thankfully over.
Old Apr 5th 2021, 8:47 pm

You can make all sorts of accusations and conspiracy theories but in truth covid kills, the vaccination either not or so little you can’t so far make sense of it. Covid has a U.K. death rate of 3%, the Astra Zeneca jab worst case is 0.0001 or 0.0003 - you choose....
Old Apr 6th 2021, 5:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

... the Astra Zeneca jab worst case is 0.0001 or 0.0003
I'm finding the AstraZeneca vaccine interesting. How long after the public go-ahead was it before they discovered the blood-clot danger? Also - as a matter of interest only - what factors influence politicians' decisions on which vaccine to choose for their populaces? Any idea? According to what one reads, some nations' politicians have actually stopped injecting the AZ ingredients and switched to one of the others. That seems to indicate indecision - and humungous unnecessary embarrassment!
Old Apr 6th 2021, 5:45 pm

Objectively nothing is proved. These really low numbers are like noise in sound - you try to prove it exists as something statistically meaningful but so far nobody has.

The death rate of covid on the other hand is known.

So you choose your preferred risk.

even if the risk was proved, you still choose... Is no vaccine safer than any vaccine - clearly not...

Last edited by uk_grenada; Apr 6th 2021 at 5:49 pm.
Old Apr 7th 2021, 8:58 am

Politicians are of course not experts, merely opinionated and loud. The french have been hilarious, banning the AZ vaccine for older people, then allowing it for all, then banning it for younger people, great way to confuse your population. The bottom line is simple. Any vaccine approved by the WHO is going to prevent many deaths and hospitalizations, and as more are immunised, levels in the population generally will drop [herd immunity most definitely, and also lower transmission efficacy exits but levels to be confirmed.]

The levels of harm that the vaccines MIGHT be doing are lower than the KNOWN levels of harm from other vaccines in use. The potential issue is blood clots. Women using the contraceptive pill are KNOWN to expose themselves to a higher risk of thesethan the numbers for the AZ vaccine might produce but benefits vs risk...

A generic issue is that many are hyper alert - is WOKE a correct term here? To any risk fashionable at present. I used to work in an insurance co, the underwriters there live risk all day. Risk is everywhere and all around us, you have to quantify risks objectively however to know if you should be concerned about one of them over another as choice usually exists, and that doesnt come from reading targetted newspaper articles. A great example - chlorine is poisonous, is it better to drink chlorinated or non chlorinated water ? Statistically its better with, but only at levels from water companies - but try to objectively prove that by comparing the numbers of risks of ingesting chlorine vs the risks of bugs in water.
Old May 20th 2021, 8:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

The latest news in Cayman is that incomers (new Work Permit migrants and returning residents) have to quarantine for only ten days if they're fully vaccinated (with one of the four authorised vaccines, I presume), instead of 14 days for the un-vaccinated. My son is flying in shortly, and he & I will be locked up for the whole 14 days because I'm one of the latter.
Old Jun 1st 2021, 2:45 am
BE Forum Addict

You can make all sorts of accusations and conspiracy theories but in truth covid kills, the vaccination either not or so little you can’t so far make sense of it. Covid has a U.K. death rate of 3%, the Astra Zeneca jab worst case is 0.0001 or 0.0003 - you choose....
I've just been looking back over the earlier posts on this thread, and here's one from 5th April that seems worthy of challenge. I Googled "Covid death rate in UK" and it gave me this statistic: "The official UK government website for data and insights on coronavirus ... Rate per 100,000 people: 28.6 ... Deaths within 28 days of positive test. 28.6 out of 100,000 people is a long way from 3%. Are you quite sure of your statistic? I know we both laugh at statistics ("lies, damn lies, and statistics"), but that seems a bit off. Have I got the wrong end of the stick, or what?
Old Jun 6th 2021, 6:40 pm

Lots vaccinated now, so few if any die.
Old Jun 19th 2021, 3:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Update... My son and I were tested this morning at eight o'clock and got our results back at about 4.30 pm, which was pretty swift for a little island, I guess. So we took our barricade down and cut our wi-fi bracelets off, and stretched our legs (figuratively speaking)! All is back to normal again, which is nice. (At my age, I didn't feel hemmed in during the two weeks' house arrest, but at his age my son was beginning to feel the need for other company.)
Old Jun 25th 2021, 4:18 am
BE Forum Addict

https://caymannewsservice.com/2021/0...ed-travellers/
Another update on Cayman's situation. It all seems a bit up-in-the-air at the moment.
Old Jun 25th 2021, 10:19 am

Yesterday the uk added a couple of countries to its green list - no quarantine on return - including cayman and grenada.
Old Jul 9th 2021, 4:55 am
BE Forum Addict

https://www.caymancompass.com/2021/0...tive-luncheon/
Here's the latest news on Cayman's re-opening.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.