Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean
Reload this Page >

You know you are really a Caribbean when...

You know you are really a Caribbean when...

Old Jan 15th 2010, 12:21 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute
Default You know you are really a Caribbean when...

You turn up late to meetings and events, but with a smile..... but complain about other people being late.
Everyday at 6 pm it gets dark.
You no longer notice the crickets chirping away all day and night.
You finally become immune to mosquitoe bites

Please add to list
Old Jan 15th 2010, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

LottieLou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: You know you are really a Caribbean when...

* You don't walk faster on the streets to get to the shop/bank/cafe
* You get used to people beeping you to overtake as your driving

Old Jan 15th 2010, 1:03 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute

You are no longer charged tourist price.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pgtips
You are no longer charged tourist price.
Pah.. I still get asked when I walk past the taxi rank on bridge street and by the craft market if i want a taxi!!
Old Jan 15th 2010, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by LottieLou
Pah.. I still get asked when I walk past the taxi rank on bridge street and by the craft market if i want a taxi!!
I get asked the same question, and always reply only if its the same price as the maxi
Old Jan 15th 2010, 6:26 pm
Just Joined

Peanut Punch is an unknown quantity at this point

You turn up late to meetings and events, but with a smile..... but complain about other people being late.

Please add to list
You get caught up in all the excitement around Cricket
The Country and Western tunes you grew up with sounds good
You speak to strangers you meet out and about
People stop calling you "English" (how do they know ???)

Just wondering PG how long it takes for you to become immune to mosquito bites - I pay a fortune on repellant

Peanut Punch
Old Jan 16th 2010, 12:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Peanut Punch
Just wondering PG how long it takes for you to become immune to mosquito bites - I pay a fortune on repellant

Peanut Punch
Peanut Punch - I found it was about 8 weeks or there abouts that the mozzies finally decided my blood wasn't that good, but saying that I still get the occasional bite (invariably on my ankle)
Old Jan 18th 2010, 10:37 am
Just Joined

upapalmtree is a name known to allupapalmtree is a name known to allupapalmtree is a name known to allupapalmtree is a name known to allupapalmtree is a name known to allupapalmtree is a name known to allupapalmtree is a name known to allupapalmtree is a name known to allupapalmtree is a name known to allupapalmtree is a name known to allupapalmtree is a name known to all

you drive at 10 miles an hour with your arm hanging out the window and stop your car in the middle of the street blocking all traffic to catch up on commis with an aquaintance.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 8:26 pm

you buy the latest 200 mph sports car even though your island is only 20 miles long and mainly mountainous. Who they looking to race ?
Old Jan 24th 2010, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

Islandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really nice

I get asked the same question, and always reply only if its the same price as the maxi
I always get that when I go to Pigeon Point..the taxi driver offered to drive me to Vieux Fort for free...I told him he must be after something
Old Jan 26th 2010, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

glitterycloud will become famous soon enoughglitterycloud will become famous soon enough

when you no longer notice the bus drivers rather crazy driving, especially their pulling over and pulling out manouvers!
Old Jan 26th 2010, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

glitterycloud will become famous soon enoughglitterycloud will become famous soon enough

yep me too......every time
Old Jan 27th 2010, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

Please add to list
* You start tapping your feet when hearing country & western music, even though you don't like it
Old Jan 27th 2010, 7:37 am

* You start tapping your feet when hearing country & western music, even though you don't like it
I've spent many a lazy day on the veranda with the old country and western blaring in the background. There is something about St Lucians and their country and western. Apparently when they first got radios they could only tune in to stations from the States and this is the music which was being broadcast at the time. So now C&W has become a part of the St Lucian music culture. When in the UK I have not much time for C&W. I remember I had some building work done in the UK by a team of St Lucians from Canaries who were in the UK at the time. Every morning they turned up at 8am sharp, ready for work. Before they did anything they would plug in a small radio cassette player and you guessed right.... the country and western would start blaring. They would sing or hum along and work away happily.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 11:10 pm
Just Joined

Peanut Punch is an unknown quantity at this point

Peanut Punch - I found it was about 8 weeks or there abouts that the mozzies finally decided my blood wasn't that good, but saying that I still get the occasional bite (invariably on my ankle)
Ok I can see I need to go there for longer... that would be fantastic..
Peanut Punch

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.