XL Airways

Old Jul 23rd 2008, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

3aces is an unknown quantity at this point
Default XL Airways

Wondering if anyone has heard that Excel Airways will no longer be flying to Barbados and St Lucia (from the UK) as from November?

Real shame because XL One (Business Class) costs a lot less than Virgin Premium!
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

LottieLou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: XL Airways

Originally Posted by 3aces
Wondering if anyone has heard that Excel Airways will no longer be flying to Barbados and St Lucia (from the UK) as from November?

Real shame because XL One (Business Class) costs a lot less than Virgin Premium!
I didn't know that at all, so thanks for the info.

We had some guests come over for a couple of weeks in June who flew via XL and the prices they said they paid, were alot less than virgin.

Do you (or anyone else) know why they are stopping the flights?

Lottie
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

tulipknife is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: XL Airways

Oh man, that means paying 1000gbp more to get smaller seats.

:curse::curse:: whatchutalkingabout:
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

Angry Re: XL Airways

:curse::confuse d_smile::
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

Unhappy Re: XL Airways

Just checked the flights online and looks like the last flights are 4 nov 2008 for both barbados and st lucia.

That maybe explains why they have been recently flying via each other.

They are still flying to antigua, grenada, st kitts & tobago.

Strange they are dropping these 2 destinations as you would exect them to be the 2 most popular they have.

Sad really because they were really good for the money.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 2:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tulipknife

:curse::confuse d_smile::
Much more than 1000GBP....Virgin Premium in December is 3,000 GBP more

Oh well, never flown with XL One, so no big loss I will just have to bear the Virgin Premium prices :curse:
Old Jul 25th 2008, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

Islander Girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Much more than 1000GBP....Virgin Premium in December is 3,000 GBP more

Oh well, never flown with XL One, so no big loss I will just have to bear the Virgin Premium prices :curse:
Hello

I have just checked the timetable on the xl website under Customer Info and they are advertising flight days and times for the winter up until April 2009.

It would be strange if they stopped the route as I understand that it is busier than the Virgin flights for obvious reasons.
Old Jul 27th 2008, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

Thumbs down Re: XL Airways

Originally Posted by Islander Girl
Hello

I have just checked the timetable on the xl website under Customer Info and they are advertising flight days and times for the winter up until April 2009.

It would be strange if they stopped the route as I understand that it is busier than the Virgin flights for obvious reasons.
Yip,

I seen that too on the customer info but when checking the actual flights themselves there is nothing for after nov 4.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 7:27 am

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute

Well now they have gone bust they will not be flying anywhere.

Another one bites the dust !!!!
Old Sep 12th 2008, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pgtips
Well now they have gone bust they will not be flying anywhere.

Another one bites the dust !!!!
Glad I booked with BMI now!!

Feel sorry for the 67000 stranded people though and the 1300 staff
Old Sep 12th 2008, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

Even worse is that if you booked with a debit card you are NOT likely to get your money back - bummer!

Hmm, might try BMI next time but having said that I better not, in case they got bust next!.......lol
Old Sep 12th 2008, 1:48 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute

Even worse is that if you booked with a debit card you are NOT likely to get your money back - bummer!

Hmm, might try BMI next time but having said that I better not, in case they got bust next!.......lol
I travelled to St Lucia with XL in february and boy how I missed Virgin Atlantic !!! I said never again then and they have made the choice even easier for me now. My heart goes out to anybody who stands to lose money or their jobs because of this fiasco. This is hardly the economic climate to be losing one's job.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 2:52 pm
Just Joined

Nad_22 is an unknown quantity at this point

XL went into administration at some point last night, leaving more than 60,000 people stranded. Thomas Cook & Thomsons are trying to get those people home. Then there are the holiday makers due to fly out this morning who turned up at the airport only to be given a leaflet by airport staff saying their flights have been cancelled. Several pilots received txt messages from colleagues at 1am informing them of the news and some of the flight attendants didn’t find out until their turned up for work!! Loads of people stand to lose money if the holiday was not ATOL protected. Not good news for those guys!

My mum flew with XL on her last trip to St Lucia and said it was the worse trip of her life, preferring to walk next time!!
Old Sep 12th 2008, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by Nad_22
My mum flew with XL on her last trip to St Lucia and said it was the worse trip of her life, preferring to walk next time!!

can she walk on water ? If so I want to learn to please !!!
Old Sep 12th 2008, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

LottieLou is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nad_22

Her feet must have ached like anything!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.