Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean
Reload this Page >

Whats the safest place to bring a family in the carribean?

Whats the safest place to bring a family in the carribean?

Old Mar 4th 2008, 1:35 am

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats the safest place to bring a family in the carribean?

Originally Posted by Both Worlds
WELL, calm down dear....

I see, so u just accept fortuitous violence then as normal! NO, its not alright-I have a family and its up to me to protect them and keep them safe-I will stay in England with the miserable weather-at least I dont see a shooting at the local Tesco.

I thought, so burgular bars! Yes they did say that on "Place in the sun"-and the comment was ignored! I think I'd rather be alive in Greenland than shot dead in St.Lucia!!!

It looks so beautiful but just like Russell Island in Queensland Australia we dont feel safe there either-
What's up with Russell Island?
Old Mar 4th 2008, 2:48 am
Forum Regular

Both Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by LucyLock
Hi, I live in St Lucia with my 3 year old. Yes there is crime, but we dont see it.
The odd shooting but this is usually in the "rough areas" and it is between gangs and people that know each other and have some dispute etc.

Just wanted to put in my two pennyworth, St Lucia is a great place to live - I have nothing but praise for it.
I am really pleased to hear that-could u tell me where u are and where are these "rough areas"-what are the areas called! If I can find that out I will avoid!!

U know I am getting more and more interested-I like the way the island is being so well supported by all of u-it sounds like it is a nice community! I have asked is there any insect problems-this is because my wife reacts to midgee bites(sand flys) quite badly-mosquitoes, as well?
--they are little black flea like creatures-see:

http://medent.usyd.edu.au/fact/bitmidge.htm
:curse:
Old Mar 4th 2008, 2:51 am
Forum Regular

Both Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by >Trigger<
What's up with Russell Island?
Do u really want me to tell u? Maybe u should send a personal message-if u want to know more!
Old Mar 4th 2008, 2:13 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Both Worlds
I am really pleased to hear that-could u tell me where u are and where are these "rough areas"-what are the areas called! If I can find that out I will avoid!!

U know I am getting more and more interested-I like the way the island is being so well supported by all of u-it sounds like it is a nice community! I have asked is there any insect problems-this is because my wife reacts to midgee bites(sand flys) quite badly-mosquitoes, as well?
--they are little black flea like creatures-see:

http://medent.usyd.edu.au/fact/bitmidge.htm
:curse:

Both Worlds, you sound as though you better stick to the more expat areas.
There is Marigot Bay, where you will find a few expats, yachtie types and the Rodney bay, area (bigger expat community, private schools etc).
When you get on the island you will be filled in by the other expats where and where not to go.

Just let us know when you are planning a visit and one of us will arrange to show you around.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pgtips
Both Worlds, you sound as though you better stick to the more expat areas.
There is Marigot Bay, where you will find a few expats, yachtie types and the Rodney bay, area (bigger expat community, private schools etc).
When you get on the island you will be filled in by the other expats where and where not to go.

Just let us know when you are planning a visit and one of us will arrange to show you around.
OK I will
Old Mar 6th 2008, 12:58 am
Forum Regular

LucyLock is an unknown quantity at this point

I would be happy to show you round, tell you where to go etc. I am in Marigot and love it here.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LucyLock
I would be happy to show you round, tell you where to go etc. I am in Marigot and love it here.
Great!!! Could be awhile but I will need to keep in touch with all of u!
Old Mar 9th 2008, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

Dionne is an unknown quantity at this point

Just reading the exchange of words and facts going on…..If you are looking for a place in the world that offers no violence of any kind you aren’t going to find it.

St Lucia is beautiful…as are most of the other islands. In my opinion if you focus on a few incidents and allow that to cloud your judgement I’m sure that your wont ever be happy anywhere that you go!!!!!!

It may be better for you to try out the islands yourself rather than relying on others views.

One thing that all of the islands can offer is a relaxed way of life in beautiful beautiful surroundings and a lot cheaper than the UK.!!

Happy Searching
Old Mar 9th 2008, 8:57 pm

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dionne
Just reading the exchange of words and facts going on…..If you are looking for a place in the world that offers no violence of any kind you aren’t going to find it.

St Lucia is beautiful…as are most of the other islands. In my opinion if you focus on a few incidents and allow that to cloud your judgement I’m sure that your wont ever be happy anywhere that you go!!!!!!

It may be better for you to try out the islands yourself rather than relying on others views.

One thing that all of the islands can offer is a relaxed way of life in beautiful beautiful surroundings and a lot cheaper than the UK.!!

Happy Searching

I agree with that totally - except the part about it being cheaper ..... in many islands its certainly not cheaper than the UK for many things, cars, houses, food, clothing, electronics, furniture are just some of the things that are more likely to cost you way more out here.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

glitterycloud will become famous soon enoughglitterycloud will become famous soon enough

I just want to say that I have visited St Lucia many times and I stay at my husbands family home within the local community, there is even a guetto (husband calls it that) up the road from the family house. I have heard of things happening but I have never seen anything myself. I think that is because I keep to myself, I do not broadcast my jewellery or money and I dont go to some areas after dark as with any where.
If you use your common sense then you will be fine any where in the world.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 4:31 pm
Banned

Jack Bowman has a spectacular aura aboutJack Bowman has a spectacular aura aboutJack Bowman has a spectacular aura about

The year has jus started and I have just come back from the island, i can recall no incidents of murder so far.

Please do us all a favour and stay in Australia !!!
Envy is a wicked thing I suggest you stay away from it.

The majority of St Lucians are happy go lucky fun loving people, please do not come and spoil the balance.

If you are not happy in Australia, there is a section about returning to Britain, maybe you will find more suitable company there. You seem a clearly unhappy
individual and only you can answer why ?

The reply from the dick with the tea-bag tag, the guy so gutless and witless as to sign himself as a brand of tea, is breathtakingly witless, racist, moronic and rude.

Thanks, Mr Tea Brand, Mr PGTips, for reminding me how a decent man shouldn’t think. (Was that sentence a bit hard for you to grasp? Should I have substituted "should not” for “shouldn’t”?)

And thanks for reminding me that that nativism is always, without one single historical example as an exception, always bogus.

And thanks for reminding me that relatively wealthy and/or tediously retired dullards from what we used to call the First World are still opining, boringly, about how what the governments of almost-monocultural economies should do in what we used to call the Third World.

I stand to be corrected, but I suspect that you are a rude fool and that your opinions (though of course you’re completely entitled to state them) are worthless.

You owe an apology to the person you abused in this thread. I suggest that you do it now. I also suggest, with all the respect that is due to you, that you are an idiot.

Last edited by Jack Bowman; Mar 10th 2008 at 4:35 pm.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by Jack Bowman
The reply from the dick with the tea-bag tag, the guy so gutless and witless as to sign himself as a brand of tea, is breathtakingly witless, racist, moronic and rude.

Thanks, Mr Tea Brand, Mr PGTips, for reminding me how a decent man shouldn’t think. (Was that sentence a bit hard for you to grasp? Should I have substituted "should not” for “shouldn’t”?)

And thanks for reminding me that that nativism is always, without one single historical example as an exception, always bogus.

And thanks for reminding me that relatively wealthy and/or tediously retired dullards from what we used to call the First World are still opining, boringly, about how what the governments of almost-monocultural economies should do in what we used to call the Third World.

I stand to be corrected, but I suspect that you are a rude fool and that your opinions (though of course you’re completely entitled to state them) are worthless.

You owe an apology to the person you abused in this thread. I suggest that you do it now. I also suggest, with all the respect that is due to you, that you are an idiot.

I suggest you scrape your nose of the ceiling you condescending idiot - the OP got the responses her posts merited. The hysterical type postings of I HAVE TO THINK OF MY FAMILY >>>> what?? I believe thats what all of us do when we have kids. It was a naiive post and provoked the reaction it got from us.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:11 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jack Bowman

Jack, you need to see a psychologist, you have gone way off topic and have totally misinterpreted my response. from your response you come across as a guy with serious issues which need resloving in your life and I hope you can eventually find that inner peace.

Shame on you
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:28 pm

Jack, you need to see a psychologist, you have gone way off topic and have totally misinterpreted my response. from your response you come across as a guy with serious issues which need resloving in your life and I hope you can eventually find that inner peace.

Shame on you
perhaps he should start drinking more tea .... ?
Old Mar 11th 2008, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by islandmom
perhaps he should start drinking more tea .... ?
Agreed, definately a wise choice to calm the nerves. In fact I brought a big box to St Lucia.....you guessed it, PGTIPS brand !!!! I am sure that will amuse Mr Bowman.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.