Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean
Reload this Page >

Whats the daftest question you were ever asked?

Whats the daftest question you were ever asked?

Old Dec 25th 2016, 7:11 am
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats the daftest question you were ever asked?

There is the towel club here, people regardless of colour are local, jcb or tourist.

It took me 5 years and the acquisition of a local nickname to become a local, jcb's are just come backs or people who think they are local because dad was, and they visit for 2-4 weeks a year, and of course tourists are most white people plus the black people who aren't known to be jcb's.

JCBs however can be identified by carrying a small towel or facecloth, often over the shoulder, cause its too xxx hot for them and they aren't about to be seen all sweaty or seen as a tourist, something a tourist won't bother with. They also usually make a big deal about explaining why they are local, but its mostly in vain.

Some local businesses really do operate a 3 layer pricing system.

It still takes me a week to acclimatise if i go to the cold for a month, but actually i just really enjoy the heat 24/7, i was made for this climate, something with spending my boyhood in the middle east where its far hotter.
Old Feb 17th 2017, 3:09 pm

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

Tourist tries some 80 proof dark rum, coughs - 'do you sell a lighter version of this'

'Sure man, here you go' hands over a bottle of white 168 proof.

Tourist drinks a sip, cant take the pressure, buys the bottle

Local says 'happens all the time'? I heard about it, but actually saw it at the airport last week, weird...
Old Mar 19th 2017, 3:04 pm

Daytripper tourist off a liner was looking for dubious smoking material, so he asked my local barman.

Being of a mischevious nature the barman said it was best to ask a policeman...

Amazingly the tourist did, im told the resulting 15 minute lecture should have been video'd, the local suppliers almost fell off their seats laughing, and the poor guy was subsequently supplied out of charitable donations :-)
Old Sep 10th 2017, 7:20 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

In Miami, I was once asked by a tourist which beach is closest to the water.
Old Sep 10th 2017, 10:20 am

Couple of days ago a tourist asked me how they could get a daytrip to a pretty looking island about a mile offshore.

I told them to talk to secret harbour hotel who can arrange daytrips.

The tourist scampered off looking happy, this is the island in question, im guessing they didnt choose to go. [i understand its about 25k a day, but you'd have to ask justin bieber or kanye west to be sure.

Calivigny Island
Old Sep 10th 2017, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

If you're in a cave are you "outside"?