Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean
Reload this Page >

Want to move to Bequia with children

Want to move to Bequia with children

Old May 29th 2012, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

Rachnbar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Want to move to Bequia with children

My husband and I are giving serious thought to whether we could move to Bequia for 1-2 years with our children aged 7,5 and 3. Has anyone else done this? We'd love to hear from people who've been in a similar situation or who live on Bequia.

My husband is self-employed as a copywriter/ editor and I am an adult education tutor (although I don't think I will be looking for work). We'd like rent a house and would like to find out a bit more about schools on the island. We're also interested in what life is like.

We're planning to visit Bequia as well, but would like to find out as much as possible before going to take a look. Thanks so much for taking the time to reply.
Old May 29th 2012, 1:43 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Want to move to Bequia with children

Hi Rachnbar,

Welcome to BE. Just so I know I've got this rich Bequia is an island right? Just wanted to make sure in case you were referring to a city or something else where.

I'm don't know the first thing about the place (I'm in the US) but wanted to welcome you to our little corner of the internet, I hope you enjoy being part of our community.
Old May 29th 2012, 2:23 pm
Just Joined

BDAHoney is an unknown quantity at this point

Bequia is a beautiful island. I have visited quite often. I would suggest contacting Barnards Realty with regards to renting a house and Robert Bates and his wife are expats from the US who opened a hotel a few years ago (Sweet Retreat) who can probably give expat experiences. Have you been there before?
Old May 29th 2012, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

Rachnbar is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, sorry, Bequia the island in the Carribbean. No, we haven't been there before but we have been to Antigua. From the research we've done it seems Bequia is very quiet which would suit us. We have experience of living abroad, including small island life.

Thanks for info about contacts, useful to have somewhere to start.
Old May 29th 2012, 2:55 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rachnbar
Yes, sorry, Bequia the island in the Carribbean. No, we haven't been there before but we have been to Antigua. From the research we've done it seems Bequia is very quiet which would suit us. We have experience of living abroad, including small island life.

Thanks for info about contacts, useful to have somewhere to start.
Ah, ok, just wanted to check. I'm going to move this thread to our Caribbean section for you, might get some more input that way from people in that area.