The Virus

Old May 25th 2020, 10:42 am
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Virus

This weeks change, all the shops are now open normal hours... Anyone heard any details of the EC region opening up its region to air travel yet? Supposed to be only a week or 2 away.
Old May 25th 2020, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uk_grenada
This weeks change, all the shops are now open normal hours... Anyone heard any details of the EC region opening up its region to air travel yet? Supposed to be only a week or 2 away.
Nope but it's all kind of weird now. It's pretty obvious that most around here have given up on the guidelines and presumably the police have no interest to pursuing individuals who break the lock-down. I live on a road where there is an endless procession of vehicles in the evening when NO shops would be open. Bars are open and no masks there.

There was a funeral just up the road the other day - no masks, everybody close up on each other, the absolute classic way to spread the sucker if one wanted to, spreading it far and wide. Globally, it seems church services and church groups have been the biggest spreader by far, right from the outset with the super spreaders in Europe. Didn't know religion was so "In your face".

It really does make me think WHY BOTHER? But then one could have asked that same question for weeks now. Football, road and all.

As for inter-island travel. Looking forward to spreading my wings in Grenada first - and that long-awaited haircut come Tuesday.

LIAT are selling flights between GND and BGI from June 1st at this point. However, I'm not sure that means anything as they are also selling SLU out of BGI from June 1st when we know that St Lucia isn't opening until the 4th for US markets.

Last edited by Pistolpete2; May 25th 2020 at 11:47 am.
Old Jun 18th 2020, 3:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Just an update for those interested... This Friday many of the restrictions will be lifted, and this Sunday will be the first without any curfew. Masks will be still be required, in most circumstances. The Virus has been pretty much of a damp squib here - no deaths at all. One cruise-ship passenger died of a heart attack but WITH the Virus, which doesn't count. At one or two of the bars, the social-distancing has been ignored, so it will be interesting to see if there is a "second wave" because of that kind of thing.
Old Jun 18th 2020, 10:24 am

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

I think you have experienced -as we have - wave 0, the non existant wave when an islands government decide it is an island and who needs outsiders or to travel, we just want the outsiders goods. Later, they decide being an island isnt such fun and open up, then you will get the first wave. Coming to many islands close to you from next month. Practically there never was an option, the delay was just a financial penalty for the less intelligent.
Old Jun 19th 2020, 2:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

It's nice to be able to report that one segment of the population is taking lockdown in its stride. That segment is mine. We old codgers find house-arrest to be a piece of cake. We weren't going anywhere anyway! I have reduced my shopping from three times a week to one, and that just gives me even more time to laze around the house and do nothing, without feeling guilty. And I don't have to queue up outside the supermarket; as an "elderly" I get ushered straight in. Never went out to bars and restaurants, or to church on Sundays, and I'm too old and decrepit to play tennis. So I sit around and read, and for excitement I type half-witted contributions to places like British Expats. Nice!
Old Aug 8th 2020, 3:48 am
BE Forum Addict

The latest report is that Cayman has put its opening back another month, until 1st October.
Old Aug 8th 2020, 7:02 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
The latest report is that Cayman has put its opening back another month, until 1st October.
You will think i am a soft aporth Gordon Barlow but I have been wondering where you are and that you were OK. Y'know what I'm like with me lads.
Old Aug 8th 2020, 1:30 pm

Whats an aporth?

Anyhow - you might have what happened here, Grenada opened last month but didnt give the airlines notice, they make their plans a few months in advance, BA arent coming here till october and we told them in July... We arent welcoming anyone from the US at present unless we can lock them up for 2 weeks. Theres also the issue that the airlines are apparently re-squeezing the islands for higher fees or passenger guarantees - so just because your government says they are open - dont necessarily expect it to interest the airlines.
Old Aug 8th 2020, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for your kind thought, BEVS. I would explain in a PM to you and you alone, but not otherwise. (I don't know how to send a PM, except as a response.)
Old Aug 8th 2020, 8:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your kind thought, BEVS. I would explain in a PM to you and you alone, but not otherwise. (I don't know how to send a PM, except as a response.)
Click on the username of the person you wish to PM. You will then see a drop down menu...2nd from top...’send a PM to...’. Click on that and hey presto!
Old Aug 9th 2020, 9:49 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Ah! I will send over a PM right now.

Originally Posted by uk_grenada
Whats an aporth?

It is an old fashioned English slang saying I suppose. I was calling myself a soft or daft aporth. It should be h'aporth really from half a penny worth.

Old Aug 10th 2020, 10:40 am

Oh, thanks!
Old Nov 12th 2020, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...st/6253380002/
Bad news for the cruise industry in the Caribbean!
Old Nov 12th 2020, 3:13 pm

Indeed, a friend here is involved?. They were arranging a nice secluded [prison camp imho] experience for them to come ashore and be protected from the locals [or is it locals from them] in a compound behind a beach with access to the beach.

The cruise line asked for exclusive access to a beach for a day, they started out by asking for a chunk of grand anse which is just stupid, given there are a number of hotels there...

Here beaches are owned by the population, there is no such thing as a private beach, but it didn’t stop the tourism minister from suggesting it, which would have got her and the donkey she rode in on in very deep water if it came to pass...

They found a nice hideaway, behind a lesser beach, but the minister persisted in saying locals would have to abstain for a day, again stupid given there are hotels bars etc on that beach... I believe an accommodation was reached not requiring any beach lockdown, simply notices and distancing which is sensible...

However it is not to be - this week...

Last edited by uk_grenada; Nov 12th 2020 at 3:15 pm.
Old Nov 12th 2020, 3:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

The cruise line asked for exclusive access to a beach for a day, they started out by asking for a chunk of grand anse...
I remember Grand Anse very well, from my one visit to Grenada twenty years ago. It's huge, and it would have been ridiculous to fence off any part of it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.