Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean
Reload this Page >

Uk Citizens, Visa to live in Jamaica

Uk Citizens, Visa to live in Jamaica

Old Jun 24th 2009, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

stubbyman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Uk Citizens, Visa to live in Jamaica

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can tell me, I have recently been told that due to the independence given to Jamaica from the UK, that any UK Nationals (regardless of Jamacian hertitage or not) wishing to live in Jamaica can do so without question! Is this true?
Old Jun 25th 2009, 7:31 am

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uk Citizens, Visa to live in Jamaica

Originally Posted by stubbyman
Hi, I was wondering if anyone can tell me, I have recently been told that due to the independence given to Jamaica from the UK, that any UK Nationals (regardless of Jamacian hertitage or not) wishing to live in Jamaica can do so without question! Is this true?
Stubbyman, you will have to check this with their embassy. You thinking of Jamaica now ?
Old Jun 25th 2009, 9:05 am
Just Joined

stubbyman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Uk Citizens, Visa to live in Jamaica

Hi PGTips, thanks for your response. No, we have just spent 2 weeks in Jamaica with Friends, and they are looking to move there. They were told whilst out there that they as British Nationals can just go and live in Jamaica, as long as they can buy there own property and expect nothing from he Government. And I advised I would ask the forum, as its so helpful for us.
But I will get him to contact the Embassy and find out more.
Thanks again, and I hope you are good.
Best Regards