Turks & Caicos from UK

Old Oct 10th 2015, 4:08 pm
Just Joined

cavysqueak is just really nicecavysqueak is just really nicecavysqueak is just really nicecavysqueak is just really nicecavysqueak is just really nicecavysqueak is just really nicecavysqueak is just really nicecavysqueak is just really nice
Default Turks & Caicos from UK

Good afternoon,

I used this site for a while a few years back while I was applying for a visa for Australia. Well, long story short I was given the visa for Australia, but I'd met a guy. So we got married and decided to stay in the UK.

We've now been together 8 years and during that time we had the realisation that due to my medical situation we would never be able to have a family of our own. So that has led us to our new situation - finding our place in the world as a childless couple. We no longer feel satisfied with our place in the UK and we are tentitively looking at moving abroad.

I am a teacher and I've seen an advert for a Science Teacher in Provos, so we decided to look into the possibility of moving there. However we were wondering about the following two points:

1) Would my husband be allowed to come over on my working visa? And if so, we presume that he probably wouldn't be able to work. So could he find a job once there and apply for a working visa when already on the island?

2) I mentioned my health earlier - I have a condition called endometriosis, which affects my female cycle & hence why it has affected my fertility. I've had multiple operations for this (it cannot be 'cured') & it is now under control due to artificial hormones. Would that be a condition which could / would affect any visa application?

Any advice would be hugely appreciated. Thank you.
Old Oct 10th 2015, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

dfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Turks & Caicos from UK

Why not adopt a child? We did it and have a wonderful son. I see no reason why you have to leave the UK, just because you cant give birth. I suggest you check out in detail, the idea of Turks and Caicos , as it could well be that you'd both be bored out of your wits!
Old Oct 10th 2015, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

cavysqueak is just really nicecavysqueak is just really nicecavysqueak is just really nicecavysqueak is just really nicecavysqueak is just really nicecavysqueak is just really nicecavysqueak is just really nicecavysqueak is just really nice

Originally Posted by dfjordan
Why not adopt a child? We did it and have a wonderful son. I see no reason why you have to leave the UK, just because you cant give birth. I suggest you check out in detail, the idea of Turks and Caicos , as it could well be that you'd both be bored out of your wits!
Thank you, however we have thought about every aspect of our situation (I think about it every day, believe me!).

If you have experience of T&C, please let me know as any ideas (even if they are negative) are needed - this is me trying to 'check things out in detail'!
Old Oct 11th 2015, 7:56 am
BE Enthusiast

dfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, I have no first hand experience of the place, but there are other posts in this section that maybe could help you. I spent 3 years in Bermuda which is much bigger, but even so, it didnt stop that island fever which tends to arise. Good luck anyway.
Old Oct 12th 2015, 2:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

If TCI is anything like Cayman - and it probably is, since it's also a UK colony - the OP would be allowed to bring her husband as a dependent, but he would not automatically be allowed to work. If he were to find a job, then his employer would have to apply for a Work Permit for him. Actually finding a job would depend on what his skills were. His search might be easier if his wife worked in a government school.