Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean
Reload this Page >

Turks & Caicos - compulsory vaccination

Turks & Caicos - compulsory vaccination

Old Apr 26th 2021, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Turks & Caicos - compulsory vaccination

https://caymanmarlroad.com/covid-19-...ks-and-caicos/
The TCI government is making vaccination a condition for the renewal of Work Permits, according to this news report. Yikes. Heavy manners.
Old Jun 23rd 2021, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

Bristolian1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Turks & Caicos - compulsory vaccination

I did see this in their local paper. My partner and I have just submitted all the documents for our work permit applications, and halfway through they changed some of the requirements so it was a bit of a mad scramble to try and get the additional paperwork done.

They wanted drug tests done on the health evaluation form, despite the forms saying this was only compulsory for people seeking government employment. They also asked for proof of Covid vaccinations from us, in addition to all the usual vaccinations required for a certificate of good health.

Just have to wait an unspecified amount of time now for a response!
Old Jun 23rd 2021, 6:32 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

Here vaccination has been made compulsory for anyone in the tourist industry, but actually most other employers are saying vaccination is not compulsory, but the only other option is testing at the employees expense every 2 weeks, and failure of any of these things gets you fired - especially in hotels, where if you dont have 100% compliance the government takes you off the official listing and effectively closes you.
Old Aug 9th 2021, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

skip84 is an unknown quantity at this point

interestingly it is also compulsory for anyone wishing to get a Permanent Residency Certificate; temporary residency certificate or being an endorsee.

i think we are 70% vaccinated currently, which is when they promised they'd open the island open, but due to the delta variant now being here they are saying 85% i think.