Turks & Caicos

Old Jan 31st 2010, 10:17 am
Just Joined

RayM. is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Turks & Caicos

Originally Posted by Sue
I think you are missing the point. The reason this discussion forum exists is so that people can chat about these things and share experiences. If everyone went to PM what use would that be? Unless of course you are using BE for business purposes? In which case can I draw your attention to rule 9 of our site rules. Thanks
@ Sue or "Sue"

I find it disturbing to be drawn attention to rule 9 for services I have not advertised, while others don't get admonished for services they DO advertise.
How about rule 1, that of lost common sense?

@ les666

It's not clear to me what you are doing in these forums: advertise your rooms for rent (which is OK) or show everybody how bad your spelling is (which is not OK).
There is a difference between "your" and "you're", not to mention "dont". For a Brit, these things say a lot, don't they???

@ Pammy

I am sure your lucky star will guide you & your horses to the green pastures of your dreams.
But what if the horses guide you?

@ onislandoutofmymind

Your input couldn't be more welcome. It summarizes the situation down here too and explains why I wish to meet QUALITY expats.
I appreciate not only the contents, but also the brevity and clarity of thought.

TO ALL THE SCARED FOLKS:
You won't catch me here again. When you don't know what you missed, that's OK.
Old Jan 31st 2010, 1:06 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Turks & Caicos

Originally Posted by RayM.
@ Sue or "Sue"

I find it disturbing to be drawn attention to rule 9 for services I have not advertised, while others don't get admonished for services they DO advertise.
As Site Admin its my job to draw people's attention to our site rules. You would be surprised by the amount of people who don't take the time to read them. Please don't assume that other peoople aren't being admonished, you are not privvy to all that goes on here.

As to to your use of this forum others have made the same assumption as I am seeing some of your posts reported by people who feel you are using this site to tout for business. So if it is not your intention to use BE for business purposes perhaps the fact other people are under that impression should perhaps make you review how you are coming across in your posts.

Thanks

Sue
Old Jan 31st 2010, 5:12 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onislandoutofmymind
Well, I have to give my opinion here.

Les seems to think that countries like the USA and UK are simply awful and paradise lies in places like the Turks and Caicos.

If your idea of living is moving to an island populated by locals whose hospitality makes you wonder if you should have moved to Afghanistan then this is the place for you.

If your idea of entertainment is spending every night in a vomit smelling pub called Danny Bhoys with other like minded, brainless expats getting wasted then this is the place for you.

If your idea of shopping is paying $8 for a loaf of bread and $20 for a bottle of wine that normally costs $8 anywhere else, this is the place for you.

If your idea of government is one that steals millions upon millions of dollars in real estate scams and whose premier rapes the guests at parties, this is the place for you.

If you love churches and want to donate your money to crooked preachers, this is the place for you.

If you enjoy nasty, dusty, bush landscape then this is the place for you.

If you like to gaze upon half built structures who have lost their funding due to total mis management then this is the place for you.

If you enjoy propaganda channels on the TV, comparing the Premier to Nelson Mandela and Churchill, then this is the place for you.

If you like conch and are willing to eat it very regularly for the rest of you life then this is the place for you.

If you don't care about human rights and what happens to the illegal aliens who arrive on their shores from Haiti (They sit starved and de-hydrating for days in the governments prisons), then this is the place for you.

There are so many things, but yes it is tax free. Brilliant. No taxes, no services, nothing to do. Except write to people and tell people you don't pay taxes. Fantastic. I go to the beach every day. Wow. How amazing.
LOL, There may be a bit more crime in St Lucia, but I would choose beautiful St Lucia 100 times over T&C.
Old Jan 31st 2010, 5:25 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RayM.
@ Sue or "Sue"

@ les666

It's not clear to me what you are doing in these forums: advertise your rooms for rent (which is OK) or show everybody how bad your spelling is (which is not OK).
There is a difference between "your" and "you're", not to mention "dont". For a Brit, these things say a lot, don't they???

@ Pammy

I am sure your lucky star will guide you & your horses to the green pastures of your dreams.
But what if the horses guide you?

@ onislandoutofmymind

Your input couldn't be more welcome. It summarizes the situation down here too and explains why I wish to meet QUALITY expats.
I appreciate not only the contents, but also the brevity and clarity of thought.

TO ALL THE SCARED FOLKS:
You won't catch me here again. When you don't know what you missed, that's OK.
Ray, don't take things so personally, come on you have lived in the Caribbean long enough to know you have to have a thick skin to survive in this world.
Old Feb 5th 2010, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

justine-jay is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahhhh please ............ I have lived on Provo for 11 years & just finished building my house. I have 7 dogs, the sun shines everyday & bottom line..........if you dislike it so much, BA flies out on Sunday......see ya!
Old Feb 7th 2010, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

les666 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by justine-jay
Ahhhh please ............ I have lived on Provo for 11 years & just finished building my house. I have 7 dogs, the sun shines everyday & bottom line..........if you dislike it so much, BA flies out on Sunday......see ya!
well said, there seems to be a lot of so called ''experts'' (with web links to somewhere else in the Caribbean) they don't live, work or have property on the TCI.. maybe they gained all their extensive knowledge from the TV or a day trip??
Old Feb 17th 2010, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by justine-jay

I am very jealous

Where in Provo do you live?

I see there was an older Canadian tourist shot there recently, know much about it?

I've been looking at loads of islands, T&C seems the most suitable, did consider Cayman for a while but looks miserable compared to T&C!